My 5,000th Post!!!

Avalon
This topic is 2095 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations @Avalon! Almost 15 posts per day!

Here's a fact that few people have heard. Many say that the minimum Participation to Creation ratio (PC ratio) is 8. This means that a forum member should Participate in at least 8 threads that they did not create for each thread that they Create. Forum members who create too many threads compared to the number of times they participate in another member's thread earn a FB classification which can lead to all sorts of unexpected consequences. (Full Disclosure: My own PC ratio is probably too high, although I heard some say that a high ratio is better than a low ratio.)

You are welcome.

Please think about posting too often. I wonder about concerning myself all the time...to the point that I almost never start a new thread anymore. Most of my 'likes' are from posts in the Gallery, even though I have never started a thread in that forum.

Edited by WilliamM

He’s been banished and reappeared on an other site to bide his time.
I thought things around here had become much more pleasant recently. Now I know why. It's strange how 2 or 3 incessant posters can virtually destroy a perfectly helpful discussion forum. The only goal seems to be to hear themselves talk (post) and achieve some meaningless posting record.....such as 5000 posts since September 2017. Zero thought given to how such incessant posting harms the health and well-being of the overall forum. As Aretha sang......"THINK"! Edited by EZEtoGRU

It's strange how 2 or 3 incessant posters can virtually destroy a perfectly helpful discussion forum. The only goal seems to be to hear themselves talk (post) and achieve some meaningless posting record.....such as 5000 posts since September 2017. Zero thought given to how such incessant posting harms the health and well-being of the overall forum. As Aretha sang......"THINK!

When it got to be a giant hassle to pick out the handful of non-spam threads in a forum listing, I finally resorted to using the feature to ignore avalon and samhexum, it's been a lot more pleasant for me.

Funny story how that feature works, in subforum lists, it only shows you the threads started by other people. I knew I made the right decision when I browsed into a subforum and there were only two threads on the page. Clicked to the next page and only three threads.

Unfortunately samhexum has taken to resurrecting ancient threads with a post that usually has one matching word, so now I have to examine the start date of a thread to avoid wasting time. :rolleyes:

I thought things around here had become much more pleasant recently. Now I know why. It's strange how 2 or 3 incessant posters can virtually destroy a perfectly helpful discussion forum. The only goal seems to be to hear themselves talk (post) and achieve some meaningless posting record.....such as 5000 posts since September 2017. Zero thought given to how such incessant posting harms the health and well-being of the overall forum. As Aretha sang......"THINK!

I know!:rolleyes: