Have You Ever Been To A Taping Of A Television Show?

Avalon
This topic is 2131 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! Not only was I at a live taping, but I was one of a handful of kids who were brought up to the set to be part of the show itself. This was a local Saturday morning show that sometimes included audience members in the show.

Being only 12, I was much cuter then :)

They sent me home with literally enough candy to fill the trunk of my dad's station wagon. It was like Halloween cubed. I was giving away candy to the neighbors for months.

One visit to see my son while he was attending Harvey Mudd College at Claremont Colleges, I got us tickets to a taping of "The Price Is Right"- we still laugh about that day fifteen years later!

I had a friend who one of her parents many years ago (last century) was a contestant on the show. My friend taped it (VHS).

Went to a taping of Bonnie Hunt’s long ago cancelled show. The show opener always said “hot dog and root beer on us”. On the way in they handed everyone a ballpark hot dog and cold root beer!

My timing as always was a day late and a dollar short. The guest the day before was Carol Burnett. Missed it by THIS much. I got to see some stars of shows I’d never seen.

It was entertaining and free, but I wouldn’t stand in line for it.

Do pro wrestling shows count?

Was it televised? I went to a professional wrestling match. Saw Hulk Hogan. I had a friend whose teenage daughter liked pro wrestling. They lived out in the country, no cable. Long before satellite dishes. I lived in town and had cable. There was a pay-for-view Thanksgiving show he paid me to tape. When Hulk Hogan came to an arena an hour away we three went.

Was it televised? I went to a professional wrestling match. Saw Hulk Hogan. I had a friend whose teenage daughter liked pro wrestling. They lived out in the country, no cable. Long before satellite dishes. I lived in town and had cable. There was a pay-for-view Thanksgiving show he paid me to tape. When Hulk Hogan came to an arena an hour away we three went.

Oh yeah. I’ve been a fan since I was a kid. Still am. My best friend and I went to tv tapings for a WWE brand just this past Wednesday. Given where we sat, I suspect we may be on tv a bunch the next four weeks. It’s a show that airs on WWE Network.

I was on a high school quiz bowl show for several episodes. We lost in the finals. What I found amazing was how tiny the set was compared to how it looked on TV.

So was I and I agree that the set feels smaller in reality than on the air. Also, it was cheaply constructed. It is amazing what a good can of paint and some track lighting can do to plywood.

I went to one at Fox News of all places. A friend who an occasional contributor invited me to one of their parties, and one of the hosts I met there invited me to a taping of his show. I was curious, so I went.

I was new to teaching at the time, and I definitely got something out of watching the hosts live. For example, I noticed that they smiled about every 30 seconds, which made them a lot more approachable. Afterwards, the host who invited me also gave me a rundown on the rivalries between the hosts and so on.

This was five years ago, before the Roger Aisles allegations became public. At the time, I was surprised at how lecherous the male talent were towards any female who walked into the room. The guy who invited me seemed more decent than some of the others.

I was on a high school quiz bowl show for several episodes. We lost in the finals. What I found amazing was how tiny the set was compared to how it looked on TV.

me too. We came in second my senior year too! were we on the same team?

I went to a taping of the Tonight Show a million years ago when Jay Leno was host in California. Our seats were way up in the back. Mainly we were there to see the band James perform