Miracle! Thai boys are being rescued!

marylander1940
This topic is 1958 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

All the boys and their couch have been extracted!

The rescue workers logic was sound.

The medic that has been with the boys constantly had time to "Rehabilitate" the weak ones before they under take a strenuous exercise. A few days doesn't seem like a lot of time; but in terms of emergency treatment it is a major amount amount of time to counter the effects of 14 days of malnutrition. I trust that the medic has anything that he wants to treat the kids.

Ten boys out of the cave now. They are trying to extract all five today. Then there is four staff members to extract. Our prayers should be with them.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I got a bit pissed off when I heard they picked the "healthiest" boys to go out first. WTF? I would think they would pick the most vulnerable to go out first.

The rescue team was going to have the most trouble getting the first ones out. They would invariably learn how to be better at it. The healthiest ones have the best chance of surviving the errors.

Fortunately all members are out.

everything I heard on Sunday was that they chose the weakest to bring out first, and I haven't read anything contradicting that. But there seems to have been a lot of confusion and except for the official press conferences lots of rumors were floating around.

Thank goodness they're all out. ABC news reported that when the military went back in to start removing equipment after the 4 divers were out, the main pump failed and the cave flooded quickly. Apparently several people had to scramble for their lives

another interesting twist is that 3 or 4 of them are "stateless" so they couldn't leave the country anyway as they have no passport and no way to get one

Saw the news this afternoon that they were basically knocked unconscious and carried out on stretchers. Not sure how they fed them through the narrowest parts. But they also rigged up a sort of overhead zip line sort of thing to move them through the open chambers. In the end all that matters is that it worked

It's not just the direct rescuers who were responsible for this. Thai society and its ability to look at this from a communal rather than a selfish or self-aggrandizing point of view helped too. (Looking at you, Elon Musk.)

https://twitter.com/duduang2/status/1016301667380224000?s=09

Note the statement of the President of the Thai groundwater association: "All I want is the kids' life. It's a reward for me drilling water. I don't want any money."

Rice farmers who let their fields be flooded by water pumped from the cave: "Rice being flooded for 7-10 days doesn't matter. We care more about the kids than rice."

And so on and so forth.

And Westerners think Western values are superior? Hah!

Also illustrates what I mean about true personal responsibility only being possible in a society that has a communal rather than an individualistic culture. In an individualistic culture, calls for personal responsibility devolve into victim-blaming.

While I agree with what you say, these Boys lives are going to change big time. They are going to need somebody to help them sort out all that will be thrown at them. Unfortunately The govt is going to have to much control for now.

The government is a military dictatorship that has a lot of control over the press. There will be some issues.

This is a beautiful post. Buddhist values abound in Thailand

It's not just the direct rescuers who were responsible for this. Thai society and its ability to look at this from a communal rather than a selfish or self-aggrandizing point of view helped too. (Looking at you, Elon Musk.)

https://twitter.com/duduang2/status/1016301667380224000?s=09

Note the statement of the President of the Thai groundwater association: "All I want is the kids' life. It's a reward for me drilling water. I don't want any money."

Rice farmers who let their fields be flooded by water pumped from the cave: "Rice being flooded for 7-10 days doesn't matter. We care more about the kids than rice."

And so on and so forth.

And Westerners think Western values are superior? Hah!

Also illustrates what I mean about true personal responsibility only being possible in a society that has a communal rather than an individualistic culture. In an individualistic culture, calls for personal responsibility devolve into victim-blaming.

his