Miracle! Thai boys are being rescued!

marylander1940
This topic is 1952 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

@marylander1940 Thanks so much for your first post. It really illustrates the complexity of the rescue. I do much better understanding things when there are good graphics. I think your original post was very helpful to understand what's involved in this.

And, let the haters start posting, but I would call this a miracle. But, I don't believe that only a "god" can perform a miracle. SEALS, doctors, EMS, and others perform miracles every day. And I also believe that those who perform miracles should be given the title of Hero.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you know how the game is played, you swamp creature!

Thanks for the opportunity to plug the swamps of Arkansaw- natural wonders!!!!

Ahm very familiar with these swamps, but unlike Aunt Rocky's clan ah wasn't born in a swamp!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkansas_Delta

Edited by Awwshuck

I don't pray very much but I am praying for those boys. The press reports that their coach is a former Buddhist monk who is leading them in meditation. Hopefully this will help them in their journey through the murky waters.

But rescue teams don't have an abundance of time. Rain began to fall on Sunday, and more rain is forecast throughout the coming days, which could undo the ongoing efforts to drain the flooded caverns where the other boys remain trapped.

"We have two obstacles: water and time," said Chiang Rai Gov. Narongsak Osotthanakorn earlier Sunday, as rain began to fall across the site near the cave entrance.

You know, I got a bit pissed off when I heard they picked the "healthiest" boys to go out first. WTF? I would think they would pick the most vulnerable to go out first.

You know, I got a bit pissed off when I heard they picked the "healthiest" boys to go out first. WTF? I would think they would pick the most vulnerable to go out first.

I can see reasons for that and would have thought they would take the weakest out as the middle cohort. The first ones taken out would be a 'proof of concept' and they want to make sure that they could succeed in taking children who had never used scuba gear out through a challenging series of flooded chambers. If the weakest went first and there was a problem that would have a chilling effect on the whole enterprise and particularly on those who had not yet attempted an exit. In line with your thoughts, once the concept is proven the weak ones should be the next with the strongest last.

The rescue workers logic was sound.

The medic that has been with the boys constantly had time to "Rehabilitate" the weak ones before they under take a strenuous exercise. A few days doesn't seem like a lot of time; but in terms of emergency treatment it is a major amount amount of time to counter the effects of 14 days of malnutrition. I trust that the medic has anything that he wants to treat the kids.

Ten boys out of the cave now. They are trying to extract all five today. Then there are four staff members to extract. Our prayers should be with them.

Edited by Guy Fawkes

The medic that has been with the boys constantly had time to "Rehabilitate" the weak ones before they under take a strenuous exercise.

The medic who was with them is the Adelaide anaesthetist I mentioned up thread. He is, I understand, well known as a cave diver and is a member of a rescue squad in South Australia. A news item about him here a couple of days ago included footage of him on his own cave dives. It appears that all 13 have now been brought out.