Is being fingered without a glove safe?

This topic is 2166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The healthcare environment presents unique challenges requiring standards of cleanliness that are unnecessary in day-to-day settings.

I don’t know about you.....

But my finger isn’t up people’s asses in a “day-to-day”setting.

To answer the question, fingering someone without a glove is relatively low

risk. Just guessing, but the greatest risk in that senario would be getting

herpes on your finger (herpetic whitlow).

In theory you could transmit other diseases by fingering multiple holes

but that risk would remain the same with or without gloves. Baring an

open cut on the finger, I’d say the risk of HIV transmission is near zero.

There’s a reason those finger mad lesbians....have the lowest STD rate.

I don’t know about you.....

But my finger isn’t up people’s asses in a “day-to-day”setting.

To answer the question, fingering someone without a glove is relatively low

risk. Just guessing, but the greatest risk in that senario would be getting

herpes on your finger (herpetic whitlow).

In theory you could transmit other diseases by fingering multiple holes

but that risk would remain the same with or without gloves. Baring an

open cut on the finger, I’d say the risk of HIV transmission is near zero.

There’s a reason those finger mad lesbians....have the lowest STD rate.

You only stick your finger up a guys ass in a special setting? Isn't your bedroom or his bedroom a day-to-day setting?

Being fingered without a glove is low-risk, but there are a few factors that can increase the risks involved. Blood-borne transmissions are the highest risk with “bareback” fingering. And that risk is generally pretty low.

Cuts on the hands or fingers, including microcuts that are too small for the naked eye to see, can open a passage to blood-borne transmissions. If the giver does anything rough with their hands on a regular basis, such as cooking, cleaning, carpentry, mechanic work, the chance of them having micro-cuts that cannot be seen by the naked eye is pretty high! Rinsing your hands with lemon juice before a date is a good way to determine if you have any on your fingers, as it will sting in contact wherever they are.

Micro-tears in the rectum, including those too small to be consciously felt or produce any visible traces of blood, can open the passage for blood-borne transmissions from the receivers end. Rough sex without enough lube in the hours/days prior can easily leave these. As can improperly trimmed fingernails create them during the fingering process.

Steps you can take to reduce chances of blood-borne transmission during bareback fingering:

~ the top could check his fingers for invisible cuts and scrapes using lemon juice beforehand

~ one or both parties could be on PrEP

~ both parties could test negative for Hep B

~ the top should make sure his fingernails are filed down smooth, so that there is zero roughness felt when scratching them across skin; a two-sided emeryboard is key here

~ plenty of lube should be used during fingering... even if fingers can be shoved in successfully without it

I cook a LOT, so I always used gloves for fingering prior to starting PrEP. I no longer do unless it’s requested by my bottom OR my fingernails are not smooth enough to do it safely.

Well, these responses have been both informative (thanks FTM Zachary) and humorous.

Thanks everyone.

This was a massage that got really erotic and was most likely safe; I came of age in the '80s and gay meant AIDS and AIDS meant death. I saw a lot of acquaintances die. It was horrific and affected me in ways I don't even know.

I suppose this is progress, though. I used to think that the most causal of encounters would lead to AIDS. It was foolish of me.

I've always been of the mindset that if you avoid any potentially unsafe contact then you'll be okay.

Ultimately, time will tell, I suppose.

Well, these responses have been both informative (thanks FTM Zachary) and humorous.

Thanks everyone.

This was a massage that got really erotic and was most likely safe; I came of age in the '80s and gay meant AIDS and AIDS meant death. I saw a lot of acquaintances die. It was horrific and affected me in ways I don't even know.

I suppose this is progress, though. I used to think that the most causal of encounters would lead to AIDS. It was foolish of me.

I've always been of the mindset that if you avoid any potentially unsafe contact then you'll be okay.

Ultimately, time will tell, I suppose.

What do you think will happen to you as a result of being fingered without a glove?

What do you think will happen to you as a result of being fingered without a glove?

worst case scenario? the guy had a cut on his hand and a fingernail tore at my butt lining or whatever it is and I got infected with HIV.

It's unlikely, I know.

Again, all I can say is I came of age in the '80s and fears were put into me that have never gone away.

Any issues with other STI transmission via fingering (Chlamydia/Gonorrhea)?

Unlikely.

Any chlamydia and/or gonorrhea that gets on your finger is going to have

to come in contact with another “mucous membrane” (e.g. asshole, piss slit,

or mouth) in order to infect another person. Most people sticking their fingers

in someone’s ass don’t immediately stick those fingers into one of the above listed

places in another person.....hence the low risk of transmission.

Of course...if you’re fifth in line as a fisting bottom in an all night Pigfest...

.....your mileage may vary.

Edited by nycman