A4A usage

rustyrex
This topic is 2189 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone else notice that A4A Adam4Adam use is up significantly. I just noticed last night. Typically there are between 56,000 and 70,000 users online at anyone time. That figure is now over 200,000 users. My small city usually had about 18 pages of users on at one time and now that number is between 40-60 pages of users on. I'm really surprised...anyone else notice this? Did a website or app close down to increase users to A4A? Not that I'm complaining....;)

Anyone else notice that A4A Adam4Adam use is up significantly. I just noticed last night. Typically there are between 56,000 and 70,000 users online at anyone time. That figure is now over 200,000 users. My small city usually had about 18 pages of users on at one time and now that number is between 40-60 pages of users on. I'm really surprised...anyone else notice this? Did a website or app close down to increase users to A4A? Not that I'm complaining....;)

Craigslist gone

I'm a little surprised A4A is still plugging along.

I'm torn on that subject. On the one hand, it is klunky and I'm surprised it hasn't collapsed under its own weight. On the other hand, it is pretty easy to set up a profile and there is a wide variety of guys on the site. Unlike many of the dating apps there isn't a huge questionnaire nor is there a fee to post a profile. There's something to be said about simplicity.

New interface (still klutzy) and as the OP mentioned a newfound life of new users

It seems like a strange decision from a risk-management standpoint, and in that regard I'm dubious because my observation is that poor risk management choices are a sign of other problems. What is there to prevent it being the less luxe companion to Rentboy, on the assumption more A4A advertisers are part-time and supplementing their income?

Also as the less luxe option the possibility of trafficking, underage advertisers and coercion increases.

the assumption more A4A advertisers are part-time and supplementing their income?

Also as the less luxe option the possibility of trafficking, underage advertisers and coercion increases.

I don’t think I said I used it as a pay-for-companionship site?

Yes there are “pro”ads there, but in my area they haven’t increased in the same proportion of just plain guys looking to meet. No need to pay on A4A, plenty of fun to be had there

I don’t think I said I used it as a pay-for-companionship site?

Yes there are “pro”ads there, but in my area they haven’t increased in the same proportion of just plain guys looking to meet. No need to pay on A4A, plenty of fun to be had there

I was assuming the influx was due more to professionals, but I forgot BP was also used otherwise. But I would describe the owner(s) as risk takers who may be operating without a net. So which is worse? How much will or have they cracked down on between the lines commercial transactions? How well does any of that protect them?

I was assuming the influx was due more to professionals, but I forgot BP was also used otherwise. But I would describe the owner(s) as risk takers who may be operating without a net. So which is worse? How much will or have they cracked down on between the lines commercial transactions? How well does any of that protect them?

I don't see any increase in the number of "pro" ads on A4A. It has been and continues to be primarily a dating and hookup site.

I don't see any increase in the number of "pro" ads on A4A. It has been and continues to be primarily a dating and hookup site.

Indeed they've recently stripped almost all text from the pro ads, making it virtually a useless platform for working guys.

Kevin Slater

A few guys who used to run Craigslist hookup ads or who would respond to mine have shown up with new A4A profiles recently. I've talked to a few men who said that they liked Craigslist because and now A4A because they didn't have to install a conspicuous phone app.

Manhunt is a great example of killing the goose. Looks like they never put any money back into the business, the site updates were LESS functional than previous versions, and the paying customers voted with their wallets.