Did You Have To Climb A Rope In Gym Class?

Avalon
This topic is 2207 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I found this interesting. I don't remember being interested in watching the hot jocks in my class do it. I guess I wasn't tuned into my desires in 7th & 8th grade.

I dreaded rope climbing. I was a little overweight and not well coordinated and couldn't get up very far.

I didn't have a lot of upper-body strength, so I didn't do well at those kinds of activities. When I was in basic training in the Army, we had to go down and back on a horizontal ladder before every meal. The first three weeks or so, I couldn't do it, and then, suddenly, I could. It was really rewarding.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a Catholic elementary school. We had gym once a week and it got canceled a lot for various other things. We never climbed a rope and even if they had one, there weren't enough mats to put on the floor beneath. We played dodgeball, kickball, softball and occasionally ran.

Horrible memories. I never had any upper body strength and was like 6’4” and weighed maybe 120 on a good day. High school was not a good time for me.

I remember one Halloween on the radio a mother called in. She said that her teen son was tall and thin. He went as a zipper.