Westworld, Season Two

This topic is 1504 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have tried to get into this but it seems difficult to understand if you start in the middle. Do you need to watch this serially?

By the way, Mob Moms coming to an outlet near you.

I would recommend starting from the beginning. This is like a video novel with a complex plot, several story lines, and a large cast of characters. The co-creator, writer, and producer is Jonathan Nolan (the brother of Christopher Nolan) who was responsible for the screenplays Interstellar, The Dark Knight, The Prestige, and received an Oscar nomination for Memento. Trying to jump into this in the middle would be like opening a 500 page novel at page 278 and trying to figure out what is going on. Still I think you will find it well worth the time. Westworld is very entertaining, sexy, violent,

and very thought provoking.

• 2 months later...

It's best to binge the show. All the time jumps are easier to follow when you watch the seasons' episodes back-to-back.

It's ambitious, and while it reminds me of the Battlestar Galactica reboot, it's quite good. Evan Rachel Wood is very good in it, as all the others in the cast.

I'm still unclear on Maeve's powers' origins, but I'd like to see more of her in Season 3.

• 1 year later...

I’ve been a fan of Westworld from the beginning. However I have to admit, sometimes after watching an episode, I go online to find a written explanation of what I’ve just seen. Is the Man in Black really William? Stuff like that which is probably more obvious to most. Like Game of Thrones the production values fascinate me. No expense seems to have been spared. I’ve also become a fan of the extras after an episode where locations are discussed and special effects are explained. The fact that they pull back the curtain and show how they did that I think is so very interesting and to me makes those special effects even more astounding. It must be so much fun (I hope) to work on shows like these.

I agree. I had tried watching Season 1 originally week by week, sometimes missing an episode and later trying to catch up. It's very very hard to remember the storyline that way. The pandemic has given me the opportunity to binge watch from the beginning. Even so I have to rewind often to catch some things. Season 1 took me 2 weeks at 1 per night. I'm hoping season 2 and 3 will be as good. Amazing how many of us are binge watching this.

• 2 weeks later...