2019 Palm Springs Weekend!

Oliver
This topic is 1855 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a room for less than 100 dollars a night there, perhaps because I booked early. In any case, I think i have a spare room there as well for the same price. It definitely is a sleazy hotel with sleazy activity with sleazy men creeping around nearly naked at all hours of the night. A nice room is fine for most circumstances, but for this weekend, I do sleaze with ease.

I think of CC as the hotel equivalent of the Gaiety Theater. It is sleazy fun and you do not know how much you will miss it until it is gone.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We decided to splurge this year, and go for one of the more expensive 3rd floor rooms, above the office.

The fact that it's the same room Draven Navarro was in last year is completely irrelevant, but a nice bonus. ;)

Rob

The testosterone levels in that room are probably still well above average from his stay.

I do not know why I find this response so funny. I hope you decide to venture out it is great fun and there are just so many weekends that we have, but from the sounds of that tune you seem to be dancing around a no. So forget about definitely seriously looking into trying to attend and instead attend. Jump in, the water is fine and depending on where you stay, clothing optional.

Love that response - I was vacillating on whether to go in the Peace Corps in Africa for two years or not and I met so many people who said "Oh, I was thinking about doing that...but.." So I decided right there and then that I wasn't going to be one of those people who said "Oh, I was going to" so I did it... (I know this is a bit overkill - I mean it's not like I'm trying to talk you into giving up a kidney or anything"..but just go and have fun (or at the very least thaw out)

Has anyone ever stayed at the Vista Grande Resort?

Both times I’ve visited Palm Springs in the past [10 years plus now) I stayed at the Vista Grande and enjoyed it very much. I believe it may also be known as the Mirage. It’s located in the Warm Sands area right next to All Worlds Resort. Can’t speak to its current condition but at the time it was well-maintained and I’d recommend it to anyone.

I rented one of the 4-5 apartment suites in the back that looked over the jacuzzi hot tub, the wet sauna and the waterfall area. A bit pricey for the suites but well worth it. They have much more reasonable accommodations as well.

It is clothing optional if that’s important to you. Hope this helps. But like I said it’s been many years since I’ve been there.

Both times I’ve visited Palm Springs in the past [10 years plus now) I stayed at the Vista Grande and enjoyed it very much. I believe it may also be known as the Mirage. It’s located in the Warm Sands area right next to All Worlds Resort. Can’t speak to its current condition but at the time it was well-maintained and I’d recommend it to anyone.

I rented one of the 4-5 apartment suites in the back that looked over the jacuzzi hot tub, the wet sauna and the waterfall area. A bit pricey for the suites but well worth it. They have much more reasonable accommodations as well.

It is clothing optional if that’s important to you. Hope this helps. But like I said it’s been many years since I’ve been there.

Thanks. I’m staying there for four nights.

Thanks. I’m staying there for four nights.

Staying in the Warm Sands area is also good for sneaking into the other resorts. Quite often people leave the front doors of the resorts ajar. Also the area was once popular with the locals for cruising. Some local guys ride around naked in their cars. Mirage was "the place" for the younger, buffed single guys to stay. LOTS of action. Enjoy!!!!!!!:p

Staying in the Warm Sands area is also good for sneaking into the other resorts. Quite often people leave the front doors of the resorts ajar. Also the area was once popular with the locals for cruising. Some local guys ride around naked in their cars. Mirage was "the place" for the younger, buffed single guys to stay. LOTS of action. Enjoy!!!!!!!:p

Totally agree with your assessment. There was no lack of action when I stayed there. Hopefully it hasn’t changed much.

I’ll have my young special friend with me.

Looking like I won’t be able to attend this year due to other circumstances. Hate missing out on such a great weekend. I’ve got a reservation at InnDulge that will be released soon.

Have a great weekend, sorry to miss out this year.

Oh that’s too bad. I was hoping to meet you on my first outing. I’m usually out of the country in January, so I’ve never made a MAL weekend. Hopefully, next year!

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering if there are any bridge players among those attending the PS weekend soirée.

Yes, I realize our collective minds will be focused elsewhere but I thought a rubber or two of bridge might be fun, too. :)

I will be staying at Canyon Club and would entertain a friendly game of bridge poolside

I was wondering if there are any bridge players among those attending the PS weekend soirée.

Yes, I realize our collective minds will be focused elsewhere but I thought a rubber or two of bridge might be fun, too. :)

Darn, never learned bridge. A hand or two of canasta anyone? A lot more midwestern.