Chicken Egg Salad

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 2243 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good! I like fried chicken but the KFC here closed years ago. I don't care for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I know they're supposed to be healthy but to me they're bland.

Can be very bland and dry. One way to prepare breast is to flatten to even thickness. On stovetop, heat pan on med-high heat until hot, add olive oil, and swirl around. Turn heat to medium, lay breast in pan, cook 1 minute, flip, cook another minute. Cover tightly, turn heat to low for 10 minutes. At the end of 10 minutes, just turn off the heat, and let rest in pan still tightly covered, for another 10 minutes. Never ever open the pan during the process. It sort of poaches it from within. At the end of the 2nd 10 minutes, check for correct temp.

Or, try bone-in thigh. Preheat over to 450. Cut off overhanging skin on thigh, so just skin on top. Lay skin side down in cold, dry pan on stovetop that can take 450 degrees in the oven (I use cast iron). Turn burner heat to med-high and crisp the skin for 5-6 minutes, then turn over, put pan in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. I let internal temp get to 200. Keep your exhaust vents on for this one. And, I sop up excess grease in the pan with paper towels before putting pan in oven. If you have time, season in advance and put thigh(s) in refrigerator for 2-24 hours.

Of course, time and temp need to be adjusted for your stove, and season to your tastes.

Oh, and don't forget to "break" the thighs so blood vessel drains during cooking process.

Edited by bashful

Can be very bland and dry. One way to prepare breast is to flatten to even thickness. On stovetop, heat pan on med-high heat until hot, add olive oil, and swirl around. Turn heat to medium, lay breast in pan, cook 1 minute, flip, cook another minute. Cover tightly, turn heat to low for 10 minutes. At the end of 10 minutes, just turn off the heat, and let rest in pan still tightly covered, for another 10 minutes. Never ever open the pan during the process. It sort of poaches it from within. At the end of the 2nd 10 minutes, check for correct temp.

Or, try bone-in thigh. Preheat over to 450. Cut off overhanging skin on thigh, so just skin on top. Lay skin side down in cold, dry pan on stovetop that can take 450 degrees in the oven (I use cast iron). Turn burner heat to med-high and crisp the skin for 5-6 minutes, then turn over, put pan in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. I let internal temp get to 200. Keep your exhaust vents on for this one. And, I sop up excess grease in the pan with paper towels before putting pan in oven. If you have time, season in advance and put thigh(s) in refrigerator for 2-24 hours.

Of course, time and temp need to be adjusted for your stove, and season to your tastes.

Oh, and don't forget to "break" the thighs so blood vessel drains during cooking process.

Thank-you! Sounds good! When I made it I used an oil free frying pan. I put various spices on it. And when done I put some pesto sauce on it. I'm not much of a cook. What finally did me in was last year I had to go to the emergency room. I had chicken breast for dinner. Once there I kept throwing up over and over. That was the last time I had them.

I like to brine them first also..various homemade citrus, or Asian themed brines for even a couple hours makes the boneless/skinless breasts more flavorful.

Thank-you! Sounds good! When I made it I used an oil free frying pan. I put various spices on it. And when done I put some pesto sauce on it. I'm not much of a cook. What finally did me in was last year I had to go to the emergency room. I had chicken breast for dinner. Once there I kept throwing up over and over. That was the last time I had them.

I wouldn't eat them again if that happened to me. I've learned restraint when cooking, don't get to fancy until I nailed down how to prepare something. One think I like about cooking, it teaches you a lot of things, such as patience, trust, confidence, and humility.

I wouldn't eat them again if that happened to me. I've learned restraint when cooking, don't get to fancy until I nailed down how to prepare something. One think I like about cooking, it teaches you a lot of things, such as patience, trust, confidence, and humility.

I went to the emergency room for another reason. I don't why I was throwing up. But still it was enough for me. I gave the rest of the frozen chicken breasts and pesto sauce to a friend.

I went to the emergency room for another reason. I don't why I was throwing up. But still it was enough for me. I gave the rest of the frozen chicken breasts and pesto sauce to a friend.

That’s very common....a lot of bacterial intestinal food poisoning takes 24-48 hours to percolate on your body, then you get sick (yes there are exceptions to this).

So whatever food you’re throwing up “now” is very likely NOT to be what made you sick.....but since that’s what your stomach is currently evacuating that’s what you assume made you sick.

I’ve been cooking at home and “semi” professionally for 45 years. I still learn, I especially like learning new techniques.

A friend gave me a year-long pass to “master class“ online. I just finished Thomas Keller‘s online class a couple weeks ago, and his charisma with food, equipment, technique… Truly shows his love for food and the people he’s cooking for. Was an amazing class !!!!

https://www.masterclass.com/

Note...Many, many other classes besides cooking from celebrity directors, screenwriters, authors, photographers there. Fun stuff I’ve enjoyed many classes.

That’s very common....a lot of bacterial intestinal food poisoning takes 24-48 hours to percolate on your body, then you get sick (yes there are exceptions to this).

So whatever food you’re throwing up “now” is very likely NOT to be what made you sick.....but since that’s what your stomach is currently evacuating that’s what you assume made you sick.

Thanks! I was unaware of all that.

How Delightful!

12 Hardboiled Eggs (Somehow one always ends up missing ;-)

1 Whole Chicken cooked in the crockpot (Somehow the legs and wings alway end up missing ;-)

3 stalks of celery diced fairly small

1/2 onion chopped up fairly small

Handful of raisins (optional)

Small Apple chopped up fairly small (Optional)

2 or so tablespoons of mayonnaise to bind the other stuff

Salt & pepper to taste

Others like to add;

Pickle Relish

Mustard to Taste

Recipe?
Edited by Guy Fawkes

12 Hardboiled Eggs (Somehow one always ends up missing ;-)

1 Whole Chicken cooked in the crockpot (Some how the legs and wings alway end up missing ;-)

3 stalks of celery diced fairly small

1/2 onion chopped up fairly small

Handful of raisins.

2 or so tablespoons of mayonnaise to bind the other stuff

Salt & pepper to taste

Where are the eggs? In the mayonnaise?

Edited by Guy Fawkes