Don't You HATE Watching Movies With Subtitles?

samhexum
This topic is 2204 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

No, often I need subtitles.

I hate doubled movies. I always want the original soundtrack and subtitles if necessary.

I can't even watch broadcast TV without closed caption. Alas!!

No. Subtitles for great foreign films are far superior to dubbing. Otherwise it will be like watching those old Hercules films. Lol

No, subtitles are necessary for some films and in other parts of the world

This is so true...

I watch so many non-English movies that perhaps I'm used to subtitles. When English is dubbed in, I find something is lost in the work.

It helps. I keep the cc on.

No - I'd miss out on so many great films if I did. The Insult and Loveless from last year come to mind.

Don't hate them. As a matter of fact, I now watch movies on airplanes with the sub-titles so that I don't have to put those disgusting earphones in my ears.

No

No, I'm happy with subtitles.

I'm curious if any of you realized the headline was a joke related to the cartoon that began this thread. Of course subtitles are necessary; I wouldn't have been able to understand the last episode of GREY'S ANATOMY without them. (I don't speak Italian.)

In Rio, I saw The Jagged Edge, A Day At The Races, The Color Purple, Karate Kid Deux, and ET. I had taken a 2-week trip to spend some time alone. The movies were in English, with Portuguese subtitles. It was great, because I'd always get the jokes and laugh half a second before the rest of the audience.

content.php?file=aHR0cDovL3NhZnIua2luZ2ZlYXR1cmVzLmNvbS9CaXphcnJvLzIwMTgvMDQvQml6YXJyb19udGIuMjAxODA0MDhfNzYwLmdpZg==

What really made me laugh were the two crying chickens with handkerchiefs.

Edited by samhexum

I'm curious if any of you realized the headline was a joke related to the cartoon that began this thread. Of course subtitles are necessary; I wouldn't have been able to understand the last episode of GREY'S ANATOMY without them. (I don't speak Italian.)

I wasn't

I clearly did not realize it.

You seemed to be joining the very much populated crowd of people who hate subtitles. They just do not watch the movie if they need them. Or they prefer the soundtrack doubled to their language.

When I went to Paris I was surprised at how often people prefer the movie doubled to French instead of subtitled. If you want to go to the movies, you have to be very careful at choosing the right theatre, the one showing the movie with subtitles.

No, it started with one of the famous northern England/Scottish (can't recall) recalls and while it was supposed to be English being spoken I had no idea what was being said. So I use subtitles for everything if it is available. I figure I can understand if possible but there is always the possibility of using the subtitles if I just doin't understand what had been said.

In Rio, I saw The Jagged Edge, A Day At The Races, The Color Purple, Karate Kid Deux, and ET. I had taken a 2-week trip to spend some time alone. The movies were in English, with Portuguese subtitles. It was great, because I'd always get the jokes and laugh half a second before the rest of the audience.

What really made me laugh were the two crying chickens with handkerchiefs.

So another silly @samhexum post...too much time on your hands....