Fragile Masculinity

Deadlift1
This topic is 2261 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My guess is the person behind the profile wants someone who is secure in himself and who doesn't have to prove his manliness over and over again. I Googled the term and it seems to be quite a thing to talk about right now. This article from The Sydney Morning Herald sums it up.

FWIW, I prefer to use the term "shallow macho asshole."

Basically, whatever it says on the package they aren't flushable. They were implicated in the London fat berg and our local sewage authority has warned against flushing them.

Believe me, I found out. These weren't wipes for personal use, but Clorox wipes for cleaning. I bought a couple packages of them and found them really convenient for cleaning. I always threw them in the waste basket. My partner saw them and starting using them too, but he was flushing them and I didn't catch it. Of course, after a few days of this, the sewer backed up and we had to call a guy. The guy came over, got the sewer unplugged and said,"Somebody's been flushing wipes." I immediately knew who.

There is an early scene in The Boys In The Band where Michael gifts Donald, with a can of Hairspray. He comments that it is labeled "control" not hairspray, and the can is marked " For Men, about 37 times on the goddamn can". Donald says "it's called butch assurance", to which Michael replies " they could call it "Balls" and it would still be hairspray".

This was in 1968 and we are still dealing with all this masculinity bullshit.

Feminine wipes with a different label. @body2body got it right when he cited that scene in Boys in the Band.

A female friend who is even more sensitive to scent than I am started using Dude Wipes because they are completely scent-free. Per her, the "feminine wipes" have a fragrance she does not like and irritate her skin.

I read a profile on line that said,"looking for a masculine male and no fragile masculinity." Does any one know what that means?

When the guys on my motorcycle forum get up in a tizzy about male passengers riding "nut to butt" I call out "fratboy problems."

Hey, now - those Dude Wipes are great. No artificial scent, no alcohol, no irritated ass. It is a dumb name, though.

Marketing shot down Asswipes.