It's a BOY

KY_TOP
This topic is 6735 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What blessings that kid has!

He has (I'm sure) loving parents, but he also has the most fiercely loving Grandad any kid could hope for.

The stories that boy will tell HIS grandkids will be fabulous. I can just imagine the travels you'll have together! Tsunamis, blackouts, hurricanes....

Congrats to you KY, and to the parents! And to the kid.

And remember the #1 rule of grandparenting: love them, spoil them, and then send them home. ;-)

Congratulations, Grandpa! :D

You have now entered a new era – a wonderful new era. You have so much to enjoy and savor. As others have said, all of the wonder, love, and excitement without the responsibility!

When he’s old enough, take him places by yourself as I have done with my three oldest grandchildren – the one-on-one time is marvelous. They have your complete attention, especially if they have siblings. I had the very great pleasure of taking my oldest grandson to Italy this past June after he graduated from high school and before he began his college career. Had a wonderful time seeing a place I had not before through the eyes of an intelligent (of course!) young man with different viewpoints. And perhaps he learned to appreciate his “Poppy”. At least we were still speaking when we returned!

I have, however, set a terrible precedent. My oldest granddaughter, who's next, has already chosen Spain. By the time my youngest (3) reaches that age, she’ll be pushing me around in a cart and we may have to settle for Cincinnati.

Enjoy!!! :)

Congrats and I know you'll enjoy spoiling the guy.

I don't have kids of my own but I'm very close with my sister's kids. Like Oliver, I'd encourage you to spend one-on-one time and "borrow" them for trips and other things.

This year my youngest newphew and I vacationed in the Denver area and went to Pikes Peak. Neat experience. I just got back 2 weeks ago from Disney World with my oldest nephew. My niece and her husband blessed me with a great-newphew a year today. Already making plans to take them to Lego Land in San Diego this summer.

I end up babysitting a couple nights a week and enjoy watching the little guy grow and develop. But, it is nice to be able to give him back to his parents after a few hours.

-------------

"We need to have more respect for each other. Things have just gone really crazy, out of control. ... We're on a very weird kind of cycle." Stevie Wonder

Dear KY Top:

Please allow me to add my belated congratulations to the masses already received. I welcome you to the strange and wondrous land of grandfatherhood. I am the proud Papa of a 3 1/2 yr old a 2 yr old and a 7 week old. Wow.

Life is good and now seems to only be getting better. I have been a long-time fan of your posts and now feel an even closer kinship.

All the best,

Houston Bonfires

Archived