What is worth binge watching on Netflix?

MikeyGMin
This topic is 2315 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm off work next week with no plans. Too lazy to travel this time of year.

Any suggestions on what is worth binge watching on Netflix? I'm not really fond of anything highbrow or anything really snarky or dark. I'm a "Game of Thrones" kind of guy -- definitely not a "Downton Abbey guy." I love period pieces but there needs to be some kind of adventure and fighting involved. I love "Vikings" on the History Channel

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In addition to watching some old TV series on Netflix (Frasier, and Colombo), and Grace and Frankie, I binge watched:

Shameless

Queer as Folk

The Ranch

Just recently, I began watching London Spy. On the fence about continuing, but so far it keeps me coming back.

I'll have to give "The Ranch" a try. I watched the first few seasons of "Shameless" because of the Ian/Mickey plot line, but that's a good example of a show that it's just too dark for me. When Ian started spiraling out of control it was just too much for me to take. Nothing good ever happens on that show, and if it starts out good it goes south real quick.

I'm off work next week with no plans. Too lazy to travel this time of year.

Any suggestions on what is worth binge watching on Netflix? I'm not really fond of anything highbrow or anything really snarky or dark. I'm a "Game of Thrones" kind of guy -- definitely not a "Downton Abbey guy." I love period pieces but there needs to be some kind of adventure and fighting involved. I love "Vikings" on the History Channel

By the way...been meaning to ask. How do you like the back half of the last season and the new season? When they killed Ragnar, and I understood why they did it, I just lost interest...

I still remember fondly that scene in the first season where Ragnar and Lagertha inviting the monk, Athelstan, to a 3-way...

By the way...been meaning to ask. How do you like the back half of the last season and the new season? When they killed Ragnar, and I understood why they did it, I just lost interest...

I still remember fondly that scene in the first season where Ragnar and Lagertha inviting the monk, Athelstan, to a 3-way...

It's still really good. The sons of Ragnar wreaked some serious revenge for his death. The king that threw him into the snake pit was blood eagled and the other killed himself. This season the Sons have split in half and have become enemies. Ivar is crazy and bloodthirsty (he killed one of his brothers in a fit of rage) but the actor who plays him is beautiful. :)

It's still really good. The sons of Ragnar wreaked some serious revenge for his death. The king that threw him into the snake pit was blood eagled and the other killed himself. This season the Sons have split in half and have become enemies. Ivar is crazy and bloodthirsty (he killed one of his brothers in a fit of rage) but the actor who plays him is beautiful. :)

Yeah he is...I'll give it another go...thanks!

http://ilarge.lisimg.com/image/14037859/1080full-alex-h%C3%B8gh-andersen.jpg

869b3c456aa934e91b6efe54d311f8ae.jpg

Edited by LoveNDino