What is worth binge watching on Netflix?

MikeyGMin
This topic is 2315 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great show that I can't convince any of my friends to watch. :(

Kevin - when the movie Columbus is available make sure to see it.

I haven't tried it yet because I'm not a big fan of satire. It becomes tedious to me very quickly. If satire is just a jumping off point of a comedy drama, that would be something I'm interested in.

I haven't tried it yet because I'm not a big fan of satire. It becomes tedious to me very quickly. If satire is just a jumping off point of a comedy drama, that would be something I'm interested in.

Thematically it's about how authority figures, peers and social media can imprint who you are onto you before you discover yourself. I've never seen what is essentially a gross out faux documentary with an underlying serious theme before.

But before we get all artsy phartzy it's funny as hell as we try to learn whether Dylan painted the dicks on the teachers cars. And if not Dylan who? And did Alex get the hand job or not? And, and, and...

I was aghast how the media, especially all the LGBT Websites and magazines, ignored American Crime S2.

Sexuality was a huge theme. Several other critical themes were woven into it. IMO the acting was impeccable.

hqdefault.jpg

I started it but it was just too gut-wrenchingly painful to keep watching. It left me feeling terrible and I began to dread a new episode instead of look forward to it.

Did it have any kind of happy or reaffirming ending?

I started it but it was just too gut-wrenchingly painful to keep watching. It left me feeling terrible and I began to dread a new episode instead of look forward to it.

Did it have any kind of happy or reaffirming ending?

No, not really a happy ending genre series. The series actually gave no answers, only posing questions about what high school kids face, as well as their parents, in an unjust world. People were angry that there was no justice served at the end, but I think they just didn't get what John Ridley was trying to say.

I watched with an on-line group and we debated each week the whodunit, who was guilty, and who did wrong, kind of thing.

&&&&&&&&&&&&& SPOILER &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The two guys never did meet on screen (the basketball player that invited the poor boy to the team party) so we only heard their stories independently.

There was one scene that left me in a puddle, after the shooting, because how I was pulling so hard for the mom and son, how he was victimized and how she tried her best to deal with something so huge.

• 2 weeks later...