DC Gathering, January 12-14, 2018

nate_sf
This topic is 2324 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The arrangements are in place for the upcoming Forum DC Gathering, January 12-14, 2018.

Important: If you're planning to attend, please send a direct message to either @ArVaGuy or @nate_sf or both of us (direct messages can include more than one recipient). Please include an email address, as we’ll be sending the final itinerary by email, not PM, so we need to have an email to contact you.

@ArVaGuy and I have been working the past couple of months to put together plans for next year's gathering, and we'll be co-hosts. As with past DC gatherings, the weekend will span the MLK weekend, and coincide with Mid Atlantic Leather (MAL). There will be a range of get-togethers, culminating in the traditional brunch on Sunday, January 14th.

For those of you who may not be interested in MAL or the leather scene, not to worry! Traditionally the DC gathering has coincided with MAL because it's a long weekend and many of us are in town, but the forum gathering is otherwise independent of the leather activities and is welcoming to all forum members. You may choose to sample some of the MAL activities, or go "whole-hog", or alternatively forgo them completely. That's up to you.

The Events

Here is a rundown of the various events planned:

• Friday, January 12th early evening – Cocktail Hour at or near MAL. This is an informal kickoff to the weekend, dovetailing with MAL. Great for those attending MAL, or who may just be curious in checking out the scene. Leather and uniforms are welcome but not necessary; jeans and t-shirts are totally fine, or you could right from the office in your suit (for those who appreciate men in suits!). And later that evening, there will be a dance party at MAL where at least one of the Forum guys will be go-go dancing...

• Saturday, January 13th afternoon – Informal Get-together/Happy Hour, Dupont Circle Area. For those who are not as interested in the leather scene, or want a break from it, we’ll have an informal gathering at a bar in the Dupont Circle area.

• Saturday, January 13th dinner – “Newbie” dinner designed to welcome those new to the DC weekend. * If you'd like to attend this, please note it in your RSVP.

• Saturday, January 13th evening – Road trip to Secrets/Ziegfeld’s. Strippers upstairs, drag performers downstairs. Conveniently located in the same venue so you can take your pick or sample both. And yes, in a unique to DC twist, the strippers are nude(!)

• Sunday, January 14th midday – The Brunch. This is the “main event” and will allow forum members to meet each other in a relaxed setting. There will be a limited set prix fixe menu to keep things simple.

• Sunday, January 14th evening – Rock Hard Sunday. For those who have not had enough strippers, here’s another opportunity at Rock Hard Sunday.

Accommodations

Generally speaking, DC proper is easy to get around on foot, Metro, cab/rideshare. The weekend’s events will be mostly in the Dupont Circle area or at the Hyatt Capitol Hill (walking distance to Union Station), so anywhere near or between those locations will be convenient.

Rooms at the MAL host hotel are sold out, though they get cancellations periodically. Reservations need to be made directly through the MAL website, not the Hyatt website. Here is the link to the reservations page: http://www.leatherweekend.com/hotel/

There are several other hotels in the immediate vicinity of the Hyatt, within walking distance. However just as many forum members are likely to be staying at other DC locations, including the Dupont Circle area. If you have a question about a particular hotel you’re considering, post the question in this thread and you’re likely to receive feedback.

Confirming Attendance

If you're planning to attend, please send a direct message to either @ArVaGuy or @nate_sf or both of us (direct messages can include more than one recipient). Please include an email address, as we’ll be sending the final itinerary by email, not PM, so we need to have an email to contact you.

Currently we have about 30 Forum members who have confirmed or expressed interest in attending. The current mix is approximately 60% clients/40% providers, and while that ratio may change a bit between now and then, past events have been pretty balanced.

Attendance is open to current and former Message Forum participants in good standing. We value everyone’s privacy, and ask that you respect others’ desire for privacy at the events. We will not post a list of attendees either in the Forum or by email, and emails will be bcc’d so you can be assured your information will be not be shared without your consent.

Questions and Suggestions

If you have general questions or suggestions for the gathering, please do so in this thread or send us a PM. We’re happy to receive input.

We look forward to seeing you in DC soon!

Edited by nate_sf

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
BTW, Chicagoans must be the toughest people in the world

No, I think folk in Mn, and South and North Dakota's are prob tougher. They get twice the snow and much colder temps. My grandpa used to go to the Dakota's for work. He would have to plug his cars engine in to keep it from freezing.

Hugs,

Greg

aol-mail-icon.gif?resize=134%2C102

The confirmation emails with the event details have been sent out. If you've RSVP'd to us with your email address you should have received yours.

There's still time to RSVP if you'd like to join us, or if you haven't sent your email address. Send a PM to @ArVaGuy or to me @nate_sf, or send me an email directly.

If you've confirmed but have not received your email confirmation, please get in touch.

We'll send another reminder email next week. If you have questions that have not been covered in the email, or you have suggestions, let us know.

We're looking forward to having fun and creating some heat in DC. See you soon!

Awright, we're counting down to the weekend! Looking forward to seeing friends again, and meeting new ones.

One minor change to the itinerary, is we've learned Rock Hard Sundays has gone on hiatus indefinitely. So we'll look for something else for Sunday evening. If you have suggestions, we're game. Just get in touch with me or @ArVaGuy, or post something here.

If you're wanting to join us but haven't RSVPd, be sure to get in touch. We'll send out another email in the next day or two with any updates.

See you soon!

I do not know if it is a breach of privacy, but if you might PM any men working the weekend that are attending. I had very preliminary plans with Tyler and Ace, but once again the fates have intervened to keep us apart. So I am looking for an alternative to their special companionship. If you feel that giving that information out is improper, then perhaps asking any men working the weekend to post here so as to see who might make an excellent private dinner companion.

I do not know if it is a breach of privacy, but if you might PM any men working the weekend that are attending. I had very preliminary plans with Tyler and Ace, but once again the fates have intervened to keep us apart. So I am looking for an alternative to their special companionship. If you feel that giving that information out is improper, then perhaps asking any men working the weekend to post here so as to see who might make an excellent private dinner companion.

I don't know about other working guys but I know Lance and I have posted in the travel forum.

Hugs,

Greg

Thanks @GregM and @Keenan for jumping in. Other gents, I invite you to do the same here and/or in the Travel section should you be inclined. As organizers we aren't posting an attendance list since we don't see that as our role or decision to make, but that isn't to say someone can't make themselves known and available. From my experience with these weekends in the past, there can be great opportunities for the working guys if they let that be known!