#stand with Keaton.

marylander1940
This topic is 2378 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Mark Ruffalo and Chris Evans Invite Knoxville Boy to Avengers: Infinity War Premiere After Bullying Video Goes Viral

Late last week, a heartbreaking anti-bullying video made by the mother of Keaton Jones went viral on Facebook and Twitter. In it, the Knoxville boy recounts how his classmates insult him and throw food on him at lunch. “Just out of curiosity, why do they bully?.” he muses, sadly concluding, “It’ll probably get better one day.” Hopefully Keaton considers today that day, now that Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, and Mark Hamill (among many, many other well-wishers including Katy Perry, Snoop Dogg, and Millie Bobby Brown) have reached out in support. “Keaton-Don’t waste time wondering why a bully would be so mean-They’re sad people who think hurting others will make them feel better because they really don’t like themselves,” tweeted the Star Wars star on Sunday. “They’re just jealous because you’re so smart & handsome. <3 Your friend-mh.”

Along with their sympathy, Evans and Ruffalo also offered Keaton a pretty sweet pick-me-up, specifically an invite to the premiere of Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War this coming spring. Tweeted Evans, “While those punks at your school are deciding what kind of people they want to be in this world, how would you and your mom like to come to the Avengerspremiere in LA next year?” Echoed Ruffalo, “Can’t wait to meet you in person, pal. Forget those ignorant kids. One day, very soon, they are going to feel pretty stupid for this.” Oh, you have to assume they already do.

“Can’t wait to meet you in person, pal. Forget those ignorant kids. One day, very soon, they are going to feel pretty stupid for this.”

Reminds me of the S2 finale of "Stranger Things", when Nancy says to Dustin, "Don't worry about those girls. Girls at that age can be pretty rotten".

I've never found a high-schooler who believes you when you say this, though. You just have to grow up and find out for yourself.

Reminds me of the S2 finale of "Stranger Things", when Nancy says to Dustin, "Don't worry about those girls. Girls at that age can be pretty rotten".

I've never found a high-schooler who believes you when you say this, though. You just have to grow up and find out for yourself.

If I have behaved like that I would have been afraid of my own parents. Now parents don’t give a fuck and they defend their child’s action no matter what even if the only thing they can say that is “everybody else is doing the same”.

How come there’s no teacher in the cafeteria to stop bullying?

If I have behaved like that I would have been afraid of my own parents. Now parents don’t give a fuck and they defend their child’s action no matter what even if the only thing they can say that is “everybody else is doing the same”.

How come there’s no teacher in the cafeteria to stop bullying?

When have teachers ever stopped bullying? When I was in First grade at the end of lunch in the classroom I would walk back to put my lunchbag back in the closet and the boys who were playing in the back of the classroom would tackle me. Every time. The only time anything came of it was when I bit one of my attackers and I got sent to the office.

When have teachers ever stopped bullying? When I was in First grade at the end of lunch in the classroom I would walk back to put my lunchbag back in the closet and the boys who were playing in the back of the classroom would tackle me. Every time. The only time anything came of it was when I bit one of my attackers and I got sent to the office.

I'm just saying teachers should tell the parents and they'll stop it or get bitten.