Firefox has become Bloated

gallahadesquire
This topic is 2357 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picky as it sounds, I'd find that a major pain. At work, I have hundreds of sites bookmarked and use them regularly. One of the MS Word updates changed opening a recently-used file from one clicks to two, and it still annoys me.

My home page is a simple html doc I made myself that lives on my hard drive with all my bookmarks on it, categorized how I find convenient. Works like a charm.

Kevin Slater

I didn't try to install it. I opened my Firefox browser, and the old one was gone, and the new one was in its place. At first I panicked, because I couldn't find my old bookmarks, but I finally did, except that opening them takes one more step than it used to. However, everything does seem to be much faster.

Can you use the Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks command to move them where they used to appear? Not sure I understand how they were for you before, but I want to believe they could be organized the same as before...

I didn't try to install it. I opened my Firefox browser, and the old one was gone, and the new one was in its place. At first I panicked, because I couldn't find my old bookmarks, but I finally did, except that opening them takes one more step than it used to. However, everything does seem to be much faster.

Sorry you are having that issue with your bookmarks. My bookmarks link option came back in the new Firefox just where it was in the previous version (at the top left of the page along with the "File," "Edit," "View," History," "Tools," and "Help" options.)

Guess I'm in the minority here, because I run Chrome and Firefox on my work machine, and I've always found Chrome to be the slower of the two. There are a few things I do that I prefer Chrome for, but I spend most of my time on Firefox.

I had performance and reliability issues with Firefox and switched to Chrome years ago.

I had performance and reliability issues with Firefox and switched to Chrome years ago.

I use Chrome as primary but I have autoplay disabled and it messes with some sites once you click "play" so I usually keep Firefox open just for those URLs.

Firefox automatically downloads updates as you use it and installs them the next time you start it. Always has and I've always hated it. It's an absolute guarantee you'll never completely know the state your machine is in.

I believe there is an option to at least have it ask you if you want to update.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know, but now it's bloating again. If I leave it alone, it grows to 5 GB without intervention.

I'm not having any problems at all, but I do shut my computer off almost every time I walk away. Start up is still very fast, so it's not a problem. Leaving the PC unattended when not being used tends to slow everything down. Keep us posted. I'm curious if it's a new problem with FF.