Survivor: Healers, Heroes, Hustlers

This topic is 2334 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I can't find the long-standing "Survivor" thread, so starting a new one. The good-looking guy factor is pretty high on this one. I've never been much of one for redheads but between Patrick on this season (and Mad Sweeney on "American Gods"), I'm starting to come around. Anyone else watching?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time in years that I've watched the show. Any gay contestants?

They must be given some privacy to masturbate. I remember one season years ago on "Big Brother" there was a building in the yard called "the wack shack" ;-)))

I agree. There are some mighty fine looking guys this season:

JP Hilsabeck

110129_0277b2.jpg?w=669

Alan Ball

110129_0848b2.jpg?w=669

Devon Pinto

http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2017730/rs_634x1024-170830095907-634-survivor-13-cbs.jpg

Patrick Bolton (the redhead!)

35436_patrick_boltonp.jpeg

...and Cole Medders (the hottest IMO)

http://cdn2.thr.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/scale_crop_768_433/2017/08/110129_0195b2_-_h_2017.jpg

TruHart1 :cool:

First time in years that I've watched the show. Any gay contestants?

They must be given some privacy to masturbate. I remember one season years ago on "Big Brother" there was a building in the yard called "the wack shack" ;-)))

Jack shack, back in all-stars, I think. I still lol when I think about the Boogika homance reaching F2 over all of America's favorites players...

That first episode last week was by far the most boring Survivor premiere I've ever seen. How does a former NFL player get lumped in the hero group? On Survivor, the whack shack is at the accommodations provided by the show after your torch gets snuffed. Until then, keep your blue balls in order!

I have masturbated in the ocean and I imagine many of the Survivor contestants have too.

Pete Yurkowski from season 25 will always be the hottest guy ever to appear on this show. Sexy, ruthless, & dreamy all in one <3

Yes, ruthless, one of my favorite qualities too. :eek:

I do not remember Pete, even after seeing his photo.

My favorites: 3 amigos: Malcolm, Eddie and Reynold

They haven't said it explicitly, but little Ryan sets off my gaydar big time. Agree about Alan being a bit scary, he came off crazy in the first tribal council.

There's the persistent rumor that one of the guys first voted off in Australia (season 2), Kel, was caught masturbating early on in the game.

Silas from season 3 (Africa) remains my favorite

silasgaitherwebcard.jpg

There also appear to be a lot of VPL's going on. Ryan seems to be packing, and I'd swear they were pixellating out Devin when he was just in his underwear.

Yes, ruthless, one of my favorite qualities too. :eek:

I do not remember Pete, even after seeing his photo.

My favorites: 3 amigos: Malcolm, Eddie and Reynold

I like nice/honest people in RL, but these same kind of people bore the hell out of me on RTV. I need larger than life personalities on these shows, that's why I tend to always root for ruthless powerc*nts like the ones I mentioned above.

Pete was in Malcolm's original season...

gJNcQ.gif

Pete was in Malcolm's original season...
To the extent I remember Pete, I do not remember him as being as ruthless.

Could you define ruthless? Fabio won by probably won by hiding his athletic skills. Eddie Fox was not ruthless at all, but stuck around for a very long time because people liked him.

If I remember correctly, the ones who were stupid were Lisa & Mike for voting Pete & Abi off and going to the finals with the game's underdog instead of taking someone they could actually beat lol. They, of course, lost to her something like 7-1-1, and were edited like a couple of emotional idiots on the show...

Pete, Abi, & the black guy were edited as the villains, got tons of negative SPV (second person visibility) from the others... were rude, arrogant, cocky, and dominant throughout until all the borewhores banded together against them in the merge.

Season Three victor Ethan Zohn is my last time favorite.

http://images.intouchweekly.com/uploads/images/file/19923/ethan-zohn-survivor.jpg?fit=crop&h=510&w=680

Ethan still looks mighty fine (picture from 2017) after surviving cancer twice since he won season 3:

http://a3.static.dailyvoice.com/image/upload/c_fill,dpr_auto,f_auto,q_auto,w_640/unnamed_olgjxl

TruHart1 :cool:

If I remember correctly, the ones who were stupid were Lisa & Mike for voting Pete & Abi off and going to the finals with the game's underdog instead of taking someone they could actually beat lol. They, of course, lost to her something like 7-1-1, and were edited like a couple of emotional idiots on the show...

Pete, Abi, & the black guy were edited as the villains, got tons of negative SPV (second person visibility) from the others... were rude, arrogant, cocky, and dominant throughout until all the borewhores banded together against them in the merge.

The editing plays a BIG part in the show. Not sure if I'm remembering the names right, but at the reunion show for S3/Africa, Kim said something about how the editing made Lex look crazy and unlikeable; that everyone on the show actually really liked him.

The editing plays a BIG part in the show. Not sure if I'm remembering the names right, but at the reunion show for S3/Africa, Kim said something about how the editing made Lex look crazy and unlikeable; that everyone on the show actually really liked him.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Editing is everything on these shows, nerds over @ Survivor Sucks even came up with an edgic (edit + logic) formula to determine which player will win each season based solely on their edits ➡ https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/survivorsucks/s-32-edgic-editing-and-logic-t126019.html

For example, Silas and his allies were edited as lazy N-tone demons because production wanted viewers to root for the bitter old people from their tribe. Almost all winners get P edits (yawn), villains tend to get OTTN (over the top, negative tone) edits when they're shown as crazy, or CPN (complex personality, N tone) edits when they're running the game. It's all somewhat complicated, but also fun to apply some of these ratings to people IRL <3

Production, of course, can't edit players the same way on Big Brother do to it taking place in real time, so what they do instead is rig things in favor of the person and/or alliance viewers like the most each season... or in favor of the person producers decide they want to edit the show around. That's why the show sucks nowadays compared to the earlier seasons when production would let things happen on their own and wouldn't interfere/play favorites as much as they do now. Unpopular winning alliances that terrorized viewers from earlier seasons like Jun/Alison, Boogika, and the Nerd Herd would never be allowed to even reach the end game in this new overproduced era, they would most likely get rigged out of the game instead... Even confessionals seem scripted and not genuine these days compared to the realness of seasons 1-6. Everything changed when Shapiro left as executive producer of the show and Grodner took over that role after season 7. Not surprising, season 8 was a total rig-fest from beginning to end lol. I haven't really bothered with the last few seasons, but might give the upcoming celeb winter edition a chance depending on how interesting or awful the cast ends up being when it's announced.