Survivor: Healers, Heroes, Hustlers

This topic is 2347 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So, was this season any good?????? How'd y'all rate it on the scale of 1-10???????

I haven't had time to watch any of it on TV, & will only binge watch it online sometime if it's worth the effort, that's why I ask... Last season was a solid 9 with a very deserving winner at the end (Sarah <3). Don't wanna waste my time on anything under an 8. Thanks...

So, was this season any good?????? How'd y'all rate it on the scale of 1-10???????

I haven't had time to watch any of it on TV, & will only binge watch it online sometime if it's worth the effort, that's why I ask... Last season was a solid 9 with a very deserving winner at the end (Sarah <3). Don't wanna waste my time on anything under an 8. Thanks...

This season seemed to start off very slowly for me, but last week's double episode and this week's episode have been very exciting, with things I NEVER even would have guessed might happen! Rumor from Jeff Probst is that the end of this season promises to be the best (in his opinion!) in the entire 35 season run so far. Of course, to see the excitement, you have to sit through all the so-so episodes leading up to those last week! :eek:o_O

TruHart1 :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm so pissed. It was such a great season until the production decided to throw in a million idols and advantages to hand ________ the win. Such BS.

Let us agree to disagree. I've read other disgruntled opinions online from other Survivor fans, but I have watched Survivor since the very first season, and this season, after a somewhat slow and tentative beginning, became very exciting, in part because there were so many players who were really playing with everything they could muster, and, yes, because of the many, many idols and "special" advantages! I also was pleased with the final three, though I will not go into detail as yet, since I learned my lesson about sharing spoilers! :eek:;)

You may want to forego next season (coming in February?) as it appears to be all about mistakes made over the last 35 seasons of Survivor in the use or failure to use advantages and/or idols!!! :eek::rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to next season, some of those blunders made for great TV. But yeah, I'm forced to agree that the last twist was designed to force an outcome the producers wanted.

I believe that last twist was one of the best in the history of the show, since it made it possible for a completely unexpected outcome, especially this season! It had me on the edge of my seat nearly all the way to the end. Nobody felt cheated except some fans who apparently only like their Survivor finales cut-and-dried! :confused:o_O

BTW, I thought each and every player that made it to the final four deserved to win for one reason or another. Alas, only one winner is allowed, and the jury, who were all eliminated by these finalists in some way, got to have the final say on who won!!!

I believe that last twist was one of the best in the history of the show, since it made it possible for a completely unexpected outcome, especially this season! It had me on the edge of my seat nearly all the way to the end. Nobody felt cheated except some fans who apparently only like their Survivor finales cut-and-dried! :confused:o_O

BTW, I thought each and every player that made it to the final four deserved to win for one reason or another. Alas, only one winner is allowed, and the jury, who were all eliminated by these finalists in some way, got to have the final say on who won!!!

Spoiler Alert

Except it WON'T be cut-and-dried without the twist. The finale already had more than enough to make good TV. Another idol played which Ben found right next to the spot he was being interviewed. A new and exciting final immunity challenge with everyone being so close to winning. Right now it just feels like "Hey, since we can't plant another idol in the final 4., let's throw in another twist to give our golden boy another chance in case he doesn't win the FIC."

Like you said, it's a great final 4. It's not like we would have a Michele type of winner if Ben didn't win, which is why they didn't need to interfere any further to make good TV which is obviously the one thing the production cares about the most. In fact, it would make better TV if Ben loses because of a mistake, bows out gracefully as a fighter for his family and comes back for a second chance season.

Survivor is a social game essentially. 9 idols and several advantages in a season is overkill whether or not it's exciting to watch. Yes we may have boring seasons and winners if they don't throw in a million twists. But it's the crappy ones that make the good seasons stand out imo.

But at least they have a PTSD vet as a winner. I guess everyone is happy for Christmas!

Like you said, it's a great final 4. It's not like we would have a Michele type of winner if Ben didn't win, which is why they didn't need to interfere any further to make good TV which is obviously the one thing the production cares about the most. In fact, it would make better TV if Ben loses because of a mistake, bows out gracefully as a fighter for his family and comes back for a second chance season.

I just finished watching the episode up to the final tribal. Ben is a marine in need of money for his family. The point was made again and again, with a special twist added.

Jeez.

Concerning Ben and PTSD

I have a close friend with PTSD. He won a major law case, and used the money to travel all over the world with his wife. So in theory they would do well on "The Amazing Race."

We have been friends for almost 50 years. Still, I would hope they would not win "The Amazing Race" the way Ben won.

I hope people remember medal of honor recipients too, but not to the exclusion of others

Edited by WilliamM