Star Trek: Discovery

Avalon
This topic is 2273 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember all the flaws that I saw in the "Pilot" episode.

• When on the desert planet with the huge storm, the ship couldn't sense the Captain and Michael, and yet could "read" the tracks they made in the sand?
  • The Captain and her first Mate going down to access a well?
  • The First Mate going out, untethered and with no means of communication, in a space suit, two kilometers to investigate an unknown object? With severe radiation present?
  • The First Mate attacking her Captain and not being immediately spaced for it?

I can deal with a gay relationship between the Captain and her First Mate, but it was clearly interfering with her ability to run the ship, not to mention the almost universal ban on Fraternization in the service.

But I kinda liked it ... not enough to subscribe to CBS Allaccess.

And I think putting it to follow the NFL game on Sunday, which [i learned the hard way] moves the 8:00 pm (EDT) time slot all over the place, from ON TIME to OH, AN HOUR OR SO OFF depending on the game ... thereby confusing DVRs across the country ... no wonder AI is violent.

I can't remember all the flaws that I saw in the "Pilot" episode.

Another thing that confused me is that my understanding is that Discovery is a prequel to the original Star Trek, but the technology appeared to be more advanced than the more recent editions.

Already canceled the CBS All Access. Discovery isn't worth the $30 I'd spend to see the entire story arc. Not Impressed.

Orville already doing better job.

I've been trying to give The Orville a chance, but it seems like they don't know what they want the show to be. It was marketed as Spaceballs meets Galaxy Quest. It comes across like an homage to Star Trek: The Next Generation with weak plots, poor writing, and a little bit of snark.

And I think putting it to follow the NFL game on Sunday, which [i learned the hard way] moves the 8:00 pm (EDT) time slot all over the place, from ON TIME to OH, AN HOUR OR SO OFF depending on the game ... thereby confusing DVRs across the country ... no wonder AI is violent.

I have the exact same complaint. This happened with episode 2 of "The Orville" (which just moved to Thursdays), and luckily we started watching the recording of Discovery early enough that I could set up the following show (some CSI thingy?) to record, getting the last 20 minutes or so of Discovery that way.

Being a total non-football-fan, it bugs me that it just poops all over the schedule. I'm a big fan of the Heidi Bowl :D

?

I can deal with a gay relationship between the Captain and her First Mate, but it was clearly interfering with her ability to run the ship, not to mention the almost universal ban on Fraternization in the service...

Wait, what? Captain and Michael are in a gay relationship? Says who?

At least this new show did not have a horrible opening song like "Enterprise" did.

I think what did "Enterprise" in was the Xindi storyline.

I imagined Archer and Trip (Tucker) as lovers!

Who was the top?

Wait, what? Captain and Michael are in a gay relationship? Says who?

Me. It's an awfully intimate relationship. Have you seen the episode?