Father's Day Greetings!

beefeater
This topic is 6909 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Father's Day, how are you celebrating? Is it a happy day, sad day, or just another day?

As for me, I would have loved to have been a dad, but life dealt me a different hand. Today, I'm happy celebrating my dad's life and being grateful for all that he did.

"Father's Day, how are you celebrating? Is it a happy day, sad day, or just another day?"

Mixed emotions. My father passed away last year. We used to spend it having a bbq and watching a Met's game. Now, it a Memorial Mass and a visit to the cemetery. I'm happy I was able to spend everyone with him.

Well, the good thing is, I don't have to shell out for a card, but that, of course, means that my dad is not here anymore. Or is he? I think one of the great things about being a parent is that a part of you will always be a part of the child. I am a lot like my dad, except, of course, that he was straight! But we both liked to eat beef!

My father passed away almost 6 yearse ago so this afternoon I'm going with the family to put fresh flowers on his grave. After that it's a family BBQ.

My little boy (almost 3 years old) and I just got back from playing in the park. But, that's a 2-3 times per week event and nothing reserved just for Father's Day.

Archived