Montreal Strip Clubs

P Gren
This topic is 2513 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Are there no gay performers looking for work?

The population of the greater Montreal metro area is about 4 million. So that means about 2 million men. If 95% of men in the general population are straight, that means 1,900,000 straight men in the Montreal area and 100,000 gay men. Between the Campus and Stock Bar, there are about 50 dancers (just a rough guess). For all 50 dancers to be gay, 1 in every 2000 gay men in Montreal would have to be a dancer. To get 50 dancers from the straight population, you need only 1 in every 38,000 straight men. So it makes sense that most of the dancers would be straight.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The population of the greater Montreal metro area is about 4 million. So that means about 2 million men. If 95% of men in the general population are straight, that means 1,900,000 straight men in the Montreal area and 100,000 gay men. Between the Campus and Stock Bar, there are about 50 dancers (just a rough guess). For all 50 dancers to be gay, 1 in every 2000 gay men in Montreal would have to be a dancer. To get 50 dancers from the straight population, you need only 1 in every 38,000 straight men. So it makes sense that most of the dancers would be straight.

Same with the guys who perform for Bel Ami and Sean Cody. It's a numbers thing.

Except it s a gay run business targeting the gay community ... employment opportunities for gay men

And if Gay dancers don't apply to be dancers at Stock or Campus they shouldn't hire Str8 Dancers?

Do you really think either club turns away a dancer because hes gay?

Each club hires the type of dancers that their Patrons wish to see. It's no more complicated than that. None of the montreal strip bars hires strippers of one single sexual persuasion....although Taboo has predominantly gay dancers. Stock and Campus have more str8/bi dancers. You are free to hang out and spend your money at Taboo which has a more gay ambiance. However, don't impose your views/desires on others. Many of us like the hunky masculine str8/bi dancers. Indeed, I wouldn't go to a club that didn't offer that option.

There's a well known strip troupe in the UK called The Dreamboys. They are marketed at straight women. However, some current and former members are gay or bisexual and do not hide it. So it works the other way around as well.

I would also add that gay owned businesses employing gay staff for gay customers sounds nice in theory. The reality can often be very different. I've seen in some cities rival venue owners/promoters go out of their way to destroy rivals and do massive damage in the process.

(The Dreamboys even invite gay guys in the audience on stage when the audience is probably 95% women.)

Well my opinion is a little simplistic. We as a community demand equal rights. We despise the very thought of discrimination. We want to be all inclusive. We want the same opportunities everyone else in society has, and we want the right to work at straight clubs and bars, and be treated the same as a straight man. If for sake of argument, all of this is true, we can't then turn around and say that this is "our" type of club, so you as a straight man shouldn't be allowed to work here. We can't have it both ways. And all of the straight dancers I've encountered have not only told me that they were straight when asked, but performed in private, as good as any gay dancer out there.

I used to frequent the Royal Palms Spa and Resort in Fort Lauderdale. Back in the day, it was exclusively gay, clothing optional resort. A few years ago on one of their "Sunday Fun-day's" ( a wild pool party that drew several hundred guys) a guest wanted to bring a couple of girls that were straight. The locals who would go to the party and many of the guests found out about it, and became angry that straight women were being allowed to attend. They demanded that the management keep the party strictly a gay function, and threatened to boycott the resort. The comments were "We don't want them at our party". Hypocrisy is a funny thing...

Just my opinion...

I have been to Campus, Stock, Taboo, what used to be called L'Adonis and another on Ste. Catherine whose name I have forgotten. It never mattered to me whether the dancers were gay or straight and in fact I never even thought about it until a friend I traveled with said: "He's straight as a board" when I mentioned a dancer who particularly turned me on---not only on stage but in the back room. Most of the dancers I connected with in "privates" were probably straight, but they certainly performed up to any fantasy expectation I had.

I think what happens in the back rooms of Campus and Stock probably depends mostly on how much you are willing to spend and how far the dancer is willing to go.

As others have said---north of the border, at least in Quebec, attitudes are more open and flexible than in the USA. And in my opinion, labels are something which make me uncomfortable and I avoid them.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been to Campus, Stock, Taboo, what used to be called L'Adonis and another on Ste. Catherine whose name I have forgotten. It never mattered to me whether the dancers were gay or straight and in fact I never even thought about it until a friend I traveled with said: "He's straight as a board" when I mentioned a dancer who particularly turned me on---not only on stage but in the back room. Most of the dancers I connected with in "privates" were probably straight, but they certainly performed up to any fantasy expectation I had.

I think what happens in the back rooms of Campus and Stock probably depends mostly on how much you are willing to spend and how far the dancer is willing to go.

As others have said---north of the border, at least in Quebec, attitudes are more open and flexible than in the USA. And in my opinion, labels are something which make me uncomfortable and I avoid them.

Labels are important, created an actual gay community. Some of the discomfort with labels is probably that internalized homophobia that is still widespread.

Labels are important, created an actual gay community. Is it internalized homophobia that makes you uncomfortable with labels?

I think in your reply you may have pointed out an internalization of your own. I notice the word "created" was used which I take the meaning as it was done in the past. In my opinion, today, Labels are NOT important. If I owned a business, specifically a male strip club, I am there to make money from people buying drinks. I would not care if the help I hired fucked goats...if they do their job and bring people into my establishment and I can make a great living. Just my two cents. :)

Who are your favorite dancers at the club ... and why?

Carl who is a sweetheart.

Max who is hot and friendly.

Junior is quite the stud.

Joshua who I did not get to meet--damn!

all of the above at Stock

at Campus:

Felix who is friendly and accommodating.

Pepe who is a muscle mountain and offers a very good time.

Carl who is a sweetheart.

Max who is hot and friendly.

Junior is quite the stud.

Joshua who I did not get to meet--damn!

all of the above at Stock

at Campus:

Felix who is friendly and accommodating.

Pepe who is a muscle mountain and offers a very good time.

Thanks...two thumbs up. Leaving for Montreal next Friday. Haven't been in years, so this is a good heads up.

Thanks...two thumbs up. Leaving for Montreal next Friday. Haven't been in years, so this is a good heads up.

Have fun. It is hard not to. Wish Montreal were closer to Seattle--takes a full day to get there by air with a stopover in Toronto.

Archived