no more new reviews - farewell vicarious living

starman05
This topic is 2658 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
New reviews being suspended has left me feeling a bit sad.

Even when I wasn't getting laid I enjoyed knowing that others were getting some action.

Eh, not really...sigh...

T

The "action" continues, unfortunately, we are temporarily not privy to the "blow by blow" narratives. Stay strong. :)

What I meant was that without reviews revenue is markedly down this year. Reviews are what brings traffic to our ads.

That's a little surprising to learn. I would have guessed that 3-5 positive reviews would be sufficient for anyone, with more beyond this not adding nearly as much value... in other words diminishing returns with each additional review.

By the time I am interested enough in a given person to look for his reviews I'm simply making sure there are no disqualifiers.

I would have guessed that positive Forum chatter would be much more impactful than a steady stream of reviews. When I begin to hear good things about someone on the Forum or by PM then I go looking where I might not have otherwise looked.

Interesting.

That's a little surprising to learn. I would have guessed that 3-5 positive reviews would be sufficient for anyone, with more beyond this not adding nearly as much value... in other words diminishing returns with each additional review.

As I can't buy television spots, I rely somewhat on appearing on the front page of this website periodically, per the kindness of my satisfied clients, in order to remind people of my continued existence. The number of reviews is beside the point. What matters is their regularity.

As I can't buy television spots, I rely somewhat on appearing on the front page of this website periodically, per the kindness of my satisfied clients, in order to remind people of my continued existence. The number of reviews is beside the point. What matters is their regularity.

Well, I learn something every day.

This little bit of chatter made me go look at your profile - very nice. ;)

I would have guessed that positive Forum chatter would be much more impactful than a steady stream of reviews. When I begin to hear good things about someone on the Forum or by PM then I go looking where I might not have otherwise looked.

It has been stated by moderators that the visits to the review site *FAR* outnumbered visits to the Forum.

What I meant was that without reviews revenue is markedly down this year. Reviews are what brings traffic to our ads.

And it's statements like this , which will be read by LE (as was noted in the rentboy case) that might put Daddy at risk legally.

I'm also sorry to see the reviews suspended, but I'm grateful that there is the intent to bring back some semblance of them.

Maybe take some new, themed pics regularly and post them to The Gallery?

That's a little surprising to learn. I would have guessed that 3-5 positive reviews would be sufficient for anyone, with more beyond this not adding nearly as much value... in other words diminishing returns with each additional review

No. A string of consistent, continual reviews is always a good thing. It separates the wheat from the chaff in this business.

And it's statements like this , which will be read by LE (as was noted in the rentboy case) that might put Daddy at risk legally.

Believe me, I want our little sandbox back as much as everyone else, but I cannot imagine any way to sanitize reviews -- and this message board -- to the point where it would shield any one of us if we become a target. Euphemisms and innuendo are not going to cut it. The site simply would nif accomplish its intended purpose. It would be like submitting a Yelp review on a restaurant and not mentioning the food.

I hope the operators are smarter than me and can figure something out, but I am not holding my breath.

Yeah, even passing references in the forum have been very helpful to me, I find an established person vouching for someone goes a long way in a world of less than reliable people, even without any details. I don't think things are as bleak as it may seem, even though it's different.

You post a 411 message in the Deli. If any forum member responds, you can switch to PM. I've done it many times.

Me too... Over time the amount of information I give and receive about specifics has been slowly gravitating toward PM's.

It wasn't thru any overt decision but just seems to happen. I will say there are a couple of benefits to PM's: 1) I hope and believe it keeps Daddy & team somewhat more independent of anything problematic, and, 2) I am much more open about sharing my inferences and opinions than in formal reviews, where I try to stick to the facts as much as possible, and I receive the same increased information from others via PM.

Archived