When you favorite hottie straight actor plays gay

BSR
This topic is 2749 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I get that a lot of board members are down in the dumps after the election results, so here is an attempt to lift the mood a bit ...

I recently came across a YouTube clip of a movie in which Luis "Lucho" Fernandez plays a gay character. Lucho isn't necessarily the sexiest or buffest actor in Spain, but he has my vote for the prettiest. I watch him every week in "Mar de plástico" and just sigh whenever he enters a scene. I knew ever since he did a photo shoot for Shangay, a big Spanish gay website, that he had to be super gay-friendly. It was an underwear shoot with the sole purpose of exposing as much skin as possible for Lucho's myriad gay fans. Even though Fernandez doesn't really have much of a body to show off (he's kinda skinny), wow, in the video he was totally workin' it, totally at ease, giving his all for his gay fans.

Luis Fernandez isn't a bad actor. It's just that I've never seen him in a role that required him to do much. But he really throws himself into this role as the partner of a gay but closeted footballer. And sure, it was sexy as hell watching him make out with a guy.

Here's the clip. You'll need the subtitles even if you're fluent in Spanish because half the dialogue is in Catalan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiEDlJp3jKs

If you want to fast-forward to the good stuff, the make-out scene starts at 10:25, although there's a brief kissing scene near the beginning too.

One of my favorite Spanish actors Miguel Angel Silvestre plays gay in "Sense8," but I've never bothered to watch that series, even though he has a lot of guy-on-guy makeout & sex scenes.

It's weird, but when Miguel Angel Silvestre plays his character in "Velvet," I think he is the handsomest, sexiest, most desirable man on the planet. But whenever I see him outside of that role, he's still attractive but doesn't really do it for me. Even when I found a few of his Sense8 guy-on-guy sex scenes on YouTube, I didn't make it all the way through the videos.

One of my favorite Spanish actors Miguel Angel Silvestre plays gay in "Sense8," but I've never bothered to watch that series, even though he has a lot of guy-on-guy makeout & sex scenes.

It's weird, but when Miguel Angel Silvestre plays his character in "Velvet," I think he is the handsomest, sexiest, most desirable man on the planet. But whenever I see him outside of that role, he's still attractive but doesn't really do it for me. Even when I found a few of his Sense8 guy-on-guy sex scenes on YouTube, I didn't make it all the way through the videos.

Definitely watch sense8 in its entirety if you love sci-fi set in modern times, it has some great characters, is completely LGBT+ friendly in all directions, has a distinctive international feel to it. It's not just a show about pretty boys having a psychic orgy :D

I don't really have a fave hottie straight actor (that is male) so continuing the latin American theme, there's this argentinian film called Hawaii that has has to leads that I am assuming are straight in real life (and really hoping i'm wrong):

An incredibly subtle film, definitely one with lots of lingering shots of missed eye contact Manuel Vignau and Mateo Chiarino, I love it!

With an eye to the past, let's give a nod to Michael Ontkean and Harry Hamlin, each at the peak of his youthful good looks in "Making Love" ...

http://greginhollywood.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/monkey245img5-400x507.jpg

The film isn't much IMHO, but a story about gay men (!) in a mainstream movie (!) in 1982 was a welcome step in The Decline of Western Civilization. :)

Rumor has it that many leading men of the day (Harrison Ford, Michael Douglas, Tom Berenger, William Hurt) were not happy to be offered the Michael Ontkean part (a gay-curious but married young oncologist who takes to visiting WeHo gay bars on his lunch hour), and, so, civilization had to decline without their star power. :rolleyes:

Straight-as-can-be Harry Hamlin claims that he was never offered another starring role in a feature film after portraying a (promiscuous!) gay man. :(

Definitely watch sense8 in its entirety if you love sci-fi set in modern times, it has some great characters, is completely LGBT+ friendly in all directions, has a distinctive international feel to it. It's not just a show about pretty boys having a psychic orgy :D

Totally agree with @slightly. Also, theorgy scene in Sens8 is hot, and watching Lito (Alfonso Herrera) do a lap dance on Hernando (Miguel Angel Silvestre) while a girl watches and masturbates is boner of a lifetime. By the way, both actors are straight

And courtesy of @WhamIAm, check out Miguel Angel and Alfonso at a Gay Pride parade:

You're welcome --

Totally agree with @slightly. Also, theorgy scene in Sens8 is hot, and watching Lito (Alfonso Herrera) do a lap dance on Hernando (Miguel Angel Silvestre) while a girl watches and masturbates is boner of a lifetime. By the way, both actors are straight

And courtesy of @WhamIAm, check out Miguel Angel and Alfonso at a Gay Pride parade:

I think this will actually be in Season 2, as you can see Lana Wachowksi, some film cameras, and lighting deflectors! And Max Reimelt is there too!

Can't wait for this show to return :D

I think this will actually be in Season 2, as you can see Lana Wachowksi, some film cameras, and lighting deflectors! Can't wait for this show to return!

Somewhere I read that season 2 is coming out in 2017 bc it was delayed in 2016. I want my Hernan and Lito back!

By the way, if anyone is interested in reading and looking at more Sens8 eye candy: http://www.companyofmen.org/threads/sense8.116121/#post-1127031

Dennis Quaid in "Far From Heaven."

Oh, hell yeah! Since around the time he jumped out of bed naked in The Big Easy (that butt!) ...

http://bad-boyz.net/nudestars/images/quaid01.jpg

... I have had a hankering for Dennis. So it was good to see him (on the right, below) finally kiss a guy (even if it wasn't me) in Far From Heaven ...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-mAvHYEFxeoQ/VYt58wq968I/AAAAAAAAKDE/4JdIgYffkAg/s1600/far%2Bfrom%2Bheaven.jpg

Archived