Russell Tovey's Quantico character, Harry Doyle finally has a steamy man on man scene!

TruHart1
This topic is 2490 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

angels-in-america-cast-portraits-1280x720.jpg?itok=nf6nrZyK

Tickets for Angels in America, Part 2 Perestroika in late August are on sale. Again the closest NT film theaters are in New York City. So I am waiting a day or two to buy a ticket.

A number of theaters (mostly Cinemark) in my area are showing this National Theater production: Part 1 on Thursday, July 20 and Part 2 a week later on Thursday, July 27. I plan to go to both. :):):)

TruHart1 :cool:

angels-in-america-cast-portraits-1280x720.jpg?itok=nf6nrZyK

A number of theaters (mostly Cinemark) in my area are showing this National Theater production: Part 1 on Thursday, July 20 and Part 2 a week later on Thursday, July 27. I plan to go to both. :):):)

Many thanks for the heads up!

I saw Angels on the national tour in 1995, and it's one of those things, I'm glad it's out there, but I don't know if I could take it again, it tore me up.

That's why I will be attending the HD theatre transmission of AIA alone. The friend I usually go to these sort of events with has seen the play more than twice in the past and he is of the opinion that to see it again would just waste 5 and a half hours of his life. In addition, he is not a lusting fan of Russell such as I am! His loss, in my opinion. I do understand the emotional impact of the play @oldNbusted, those of us who lived through the plague back in the beginning and lost good friends cannot help being involved and I'll need a lot of kleenex I'm sure, but there is just no way I can let this cast/production go unwatched!

Ugh is this the one where dear dear Andrew Garfield said he thinks he's gay without any physical actions so far...? :(

Ugh is this the one where dear dear Andrew Garfield said he thinks he's gay without any physical actions so far...? :(

You are absolutely correct @GLEE but I really believe what Garfield is trying to explain, is how he as an actor, approaches playing the character in Angels in America of Prior Walter, who is gay, has contracted AIDS, loses his boyfriend Louis, because Louis is not strong enough to stay with him through his long and painful illness, and finally becomes a survivor. In other words, Garfield was not trying to "sort of" come out as gay (and I say, shame on those publications who trumpeted a headline of "Andrew Garfield Comes Out (sort of!)" but only trying to explain how he approached playing the gay aspect of Prior to make him "real" onstage! That's JMHO, though. o_O

You are absolutely correct @GLEE but I really believe what Garfield is trying to explain, is how he as an actor, approaches playing the character in Angels in America of Prior Walter, who is gay, has contracted AIDS, loses his boyfriend Louis, because Louis is not strong enough to stay with him through his long and painful illness, and finally becomes a survivor. In other words, Garfield was not trying to "sort of" come out as gay (and I say, shame on those publications who trumpeted a headline of "Andrew Garfield Comes Out (sort of!)" but only trying to explain how he approached playing the gay aspect of Prior to make him "real" onstage! That's JMHO, though. o_O

Totally agree with you though! Can't wait to watch it this week!!

Totally agree with you though! Can't wait to watch it this week!!

Archived