Russell Tovey's Quantico character, Harry Doyle finally has a steamy man on man scene!

TruHart1
This topic is 2490 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew "Angels in America" was planned for London, but was unaware of the cast and theater until now. I did see the original production on Broadway, but remember the HBO version better. In theory, the cast (Garfield, Tovey) is wonderful. But, the lead roles are very difficult, as Justin Kirk and Patrick Wilson learned in the HBO movie. I was seeing a play at the NT while the events of 9-11-2001 were occurring in New York. For the very first, I am thinking of returning to the NT to see "Angels in America" again. Thanks as always @TruHart1 .

@TruHart1 Posted this morning (January 16) on the Internet

In cinemas from July 2017

We're delighted to announce the broadcast dates for Angels in America, Tony Kushner's multi-award-winning two-part play.

Directed by Marianne Elliott (The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and War Horse), and featuring Andrew Garfield (Silence, Hacksaw Ridge) as Prior Walter, the cast of the new National Theatre production also includes Denise Gough (People, Places and Things), Nathan Lane (The Producers), James McArdle (Star Wars: The Force Awakens) and Russell Tovey (Being Human).

Part One: Millennium Approaches will be in cinemas from 20 July.

Part Two: Perestroika will be in cinemas from 27 July.

Tickets on sale soon.

Note: I live in Philadelphia, and these cinema showing often do not make it here. But, I am only 90 miles from New York City. I shall post further announcements. Good news! I assume Nathan Lane is played Roy Cohn.

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions

According to Broadway sites, the demand for tickets was overwhelming, with long waits.

Good news though concerning a Broadway transfer eventually.

I guess it's too early to hope that Tovey, Garfield and Lane will still be attached for the Broadway run?!! I plan to see both parts in my local cinema in July without fail!!!

TruHart1 :cool:

Tried getting tickets for Angels - wanted to get one of the two-play days, tried during Amex pre-sale and then got in queue on the 20th (was 8000 something in line). No luck. Decided to just try later in the day to see one part during the time I will be in London, it looks like almost every performance sold out the first day. Hopefully I can catch NTLive.

The National needs a big hit to boost revenues now that War Horse and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time are producing less revenue for them. If it does phenomenal business then it will surely transfer to the West End and eventually to Broadway, but the star power of Tovey, Garfield, and Lane would probably not make the transfer to the West End for an extended run. It would be more likely that the all star cast would re-unite on Broadway with it's astronomical ticket prices. I think the top ticket price at the Lyttleton ( a state of the art theater in the National's South Bank complex) for the two play in day package is less than £200 top ticket price. If you got this cast on Broadway I'm sure that top ticket prices for a two play package will exceed $600. I used to go to NYC for a theater binge every year, but now, even factoring in the price of a plane ticket LAX- LHR it makes more sense to go to London- incredible quality, reasonable prices.

The National needs a big hit to boost revenues now that War Horse and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time are producing less revenue for them. If it does phenomenal business then it will surely transfer to the West End and eventually to Broadway, but the star power of Tovey, Garfield, and Lane would probably not make the transfer to the West End for an extended run. It would be more likely that the all star cast would re-unite on Broadway with it's astronomical ticket prices. I think the top ticket price at the Lyttleton ( a state of the art theater in the National's South Bank complex) for the two play in day package is less than £200 top ticket price. If you got this cast on Broadway I'm sure that top ticket prices for a two play package will exceed $600. I used to go to NYC for a theater binge every year, but now, even factoring in the price of a plane ticket LAX- LHR it makes more sense to go to London- incredible quality, reasonable prices.

Sorry for the tangent, but this reminded me of one of my favourite Yes Prime Minister episodes, in which the NT subsidy is negotiated, and the building itself is unfavourable compared to an Allied Carpet Warehouse.

http://tickets.nyu.edu/single/SelectSeating.aspx?p=5398&z=0

I was able to buy a ticket to the NT showing of "Angels in America" Part 1 at a theater connected with NYU in New York City. The showing is on July 21. By accident, I was already scheduled in be in New York on July 20. Let me know if you were successful near where you live, @TruHart1

http://tickets.nyu.edu/single/SelectSeating.aspx?p=5398&z=0

I was able to buy a ticket to the NT showing of "Angels in America" Part 1 at a theater connected with NYU in New York City. The showing is on July 21. By accident, I was already scheduled in be in New York on July 20. Let me know if you were successful near where you live, @TruHart1

WOW! I will check but I don't believe the little indie movie theater here will even have tickets available for this until May or June at the earliest. I saw the production of Frankenstein a few years ago with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller alternating roles as Dr. Frankestein and his monster. I do believe that originated from Britain's NT. BTW, against all my expectations, though they were both excellent in both roles, Miller was the better monster and Cumberbatch the better Doctor!!!

I will check and see if I can order tickets this far ahead. Thanks for the heads up, @WilliamM! :) I have no University connection such as yours with NYU, though. :(

TruHart1 :cool:

I will check and see if I can order tickets this far ahead. Thanks for the heads up, @WilliamM! :) I have no University connection such as yours with NYU, though.

I do not have any connection with NYU. Someone posted about the ticket sales on talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat. When I could not find tickets available in Philadelphia, I went for my back-up choice, New York City. Tickets may eventually be sold in Philadelphia, but I am not sure.

NYC is only 90 miles from Philadelphia.

Archived