Russell Tovey's Quantico character, Harry Doyle finally has a steamy man on man scene!

TruHart1
This topic is 2490 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I do not have any connection with NYU. Someone posted about the ticket sales on talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat. When I could not find tickets available in Philadelphia, I went for my back-up choice, New York City. Tickets may eventually be sold in Philadelphia, but I am not sure.

NYC is only 90 miles from Philadelphia.

Of course @WilliamM, I would guess that there are or will be more venues for you in NYC or in Philly. Here in the Midwestern hinterlands, I would be lucky to find at least two theaters who might carry the NT productions. One, hopefully the one that carried Frankenstein and MacBeth with Ken Branagh, though that was not a National Theatre production, is enough for me to see both parts (I hope!) I did misread about your NYU connection but we have a few Universities with thriving theater departments around here I can also check.

TruHart1 :cool:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Love him even more now. Wow he is the whole package and that's without even seeing his package :)

I agree -- Have loved him since The History Boy when he was not the buff stud -- but there was a sweetness and an inner

peace to his character - Great Article and I would love to see that cast doing Angels in America -- I am not surprised that

the show is getting great attention and high ticket sales - Even in Philly when the show was reprised two year s ago

it sold out quickly for an 8 week run -- and six months later the same cast brought the sequel PERYSTROYKA to the stage and

preference was given to ticketholders from Angels in America -- again an 8 week run sold out in days! Remember for Angels

you are committing to a two day/night production -- Either a Tues/Weds or Thurs/Fri of Sat/Sun because the play runs

6 of the most powerful and at the same time funny hours in the history of American theatre.

I was never a fan of Jonathan Groff until I saw him interviewed a couple times. He is extremely charming, witty and has a wicked sense of humor. I realized I was letting his whiny character on Looking color my view of him. (Although I haven't seen him in mutch else)

is extremely charming, witty and has a wicked sense of humor. I realized I was letting his whiny character on Looking color my view of him. (Although I haven't seen him in mutch else)

True.

I live close enough to New York City to have seen Jonathan Groff many times in off-Broadway plays and musicals. His big break was "Spring Awakening" transferring to Broadway a decade ago.

More on the NT Angels in America:

Previews begin from 11 April. Public booking for Angels in America will open at 8.30m on Friday 20 January, 2017.

http://highlighthollywood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/angels-in-america-rehearsal.jpg

The full cast includes Stuart Angell, Susan Brown, Laura Caldow, Andrew Garfield, Denise Gough, Claire Lambert, Nathan Lane, Amanda Lawrence, James McArdle, Becky Namgauds, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Russell Tovey, Stan West and Lewis Wilkins. It will be directed by Olivier and Tony award-winner Marianne Elliott.

After watching this clip, I just had to see more of Russell Tovey. So for the first time in three years, I am watching a TV show in English. I binge-watched all 11 episodes of Season 2 over the last four days thanks to the ABC website. I have mixed feelings about "Quantico." I'm a bit confused about the plot, although that might be my fault since my attention wanders during the scenes without Tovey. I also find the acting a bit uneven. Some are amazing, like Tracy Ifeachor who plays Lydia Bates. Others are pretty weak. David Lim might be nice to look at, but I find his acting quite wooden. I'm also not a big fan of Priyanka Chopra, which is unfortunate since she's the show's lead.

All the flaws of the show go out the window, however, whenever the Tovey appears onscreen. Sex appeal aside, he really is one hell of an actor. It's not easy to pull off his "gay James Bond" character, but he does so with aplomb. With too many actors, even good ones, you are aware that this person is reciting scripted lines and pretending to be something he's not. With great actors, you forget all the acting business and just watch the character. A good actor plays a character; a great actor becomes that character. With Tovey, I forget that he's a cute, sexy English actor and just think of him as Harry Doyle, gay MI-6 officer. Besides all the secret agent intrigue, I love that ABC isn't the least bit shy about weaving the character's sexuality into a couple of storylines. I also love that the show has given him a fair number of scenes in his underwear :D

"Quantico" is great to watch as long as Russell Tovey is part of the cast. If they ever kill off his character, I won't bother to keep watching because the show itself isn't that great.

After watching this clip, I just had to see more of Russell Tovey. So for the first time in three years, I am watching a TV show in English. I binge-watched all 11 episodes of Season 2 over the last four days thanks to the ABC website. I have mixed feelings about "Quantico." I'm a bit confused about the plot, although that might be my fault since my attention wanders during the scenes without Tovey. I also find the acting a bit uneven. Some are amazing, like Tracy Ifeachor who plays Lydia Bates. Others are pretty weak. David Lim might be nice to look at, but I find his acting quite wooden. I'm also not a big fan of Priyanka Chopra, which is unfortunate since she's the show's lead.

I am confused about the plot also.

As to acting, on stage in a musical, it is very difficult for a well know actor/actress to become the character. Ethel Merman in "Gypsy" was convincing until she sang, even though she always stayed in character. Her singing was too familiar over 30 years when she played Madame Rose. Very small point though,

@TruHart1

I feel you have some "puppy love" with Russell, am I right? :)

Sir, you have great taste!

I find over the years I have now and then "discovered" film and/or stage actors who impress me with their talent and, more shallowly, their natural sex appeal. From the original British TV series 'Being Human' where his first scene the morning after being bitten by a werewolf and transforming shows him in all his glory (albeit discreetly covered in the strategic area)

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/10/02/550w_gayspy_russell_tovey_3.jpg

If I'm honest, I felt full-blown lust (not puppy love!) upon seeing him like this. It helps tremendously that he is such a fine actor that he has been able to truly inhabit each of the roles he's played with such excellence every time I see him perform.

Now I do feel a bit of "puppy love" for his constant companion Rocky!!! ;)

de72d6e0e98a1a8a557010ffe71eaf93.jpg

Archived