Prince Spa in West Hollywood

Massagefreak

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Was able to get a same day appointment. Had a session with Travis.  The massage itself is good and very thorough.  For the price you can't really complain.  $110 for 90 mins (body scrub/ deep tissue).   Communication is limited and they do expect a tip in the end.   XXXXXXX  would recommend for the actual massage, not so much for the sensual elements.

Moderator’s Note. 
We ask that you avoid posting  any details that could jeopardize the licenses of either the Spa or masseur. 

• 4 months later...

It’s been moooonths last I’ve been to Prince, but they do have a handful of masseurs available - best to give them a call beforehand.  I’ve gotten Andy, Lucas, Shawn and from another forum friend, a masseur named Danny and from a post above, Travis. All were good (B- to B+) for the massage. The “culmination” of the massage usually is a for sure thing, given the setting. 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I decided to try Prince Spa last minute as I was driving by because I had remembered reading about it on this site. I called and asked if they had any masseurs available right then.  The man said there were 3. I went in and the man at the counter (a man with a slight build, very skinny, whom I later learned was Cody) did not speak English. We were having trouble communicating so he went to get someone else to help me. A man who was a something of a hunk came out and explained the different services. I chose and paid cash. The hunk took me to the room and told me to undress. I did and got on the table. Then the skinny man from the counter came in and said he was Cody and began to massage me saying "hard" or "soft". It was terrible. It felt like a bait and switch. The man lightly touched my back for a few minutes before I knew this was not going to improve. I got up and said this was not working. Cody did not understand so he went to get the hunk. I got dressed and came out and said that I had changed my mind.  They gave me my money back and I left.  Have others recently had better experiences than I had?

• 2 weeks later...

Offering an alternate perspective here as as I have seen Cody twice. I definitely agree he is very skinny, but I am into that. :) While English is certainly not his first language, I did not have any trouble communicating with him. He has understood all of my questions and answered them, even though he isn’t always speaking in complete sentences.

As for the experience, I usually do the 30 min body scrub plus 60 min massage, which I find really enjoyable. I do agree that it was not the best massage ever, but I would still give the massage itself maybe a 6/10. He starts with very mediocre pressure, but once he gets oil on the skin the pressure amps up quite a bit. I think if he cut down the pre-oil portion (some masseurs are great at it, but he isn’t) that would improve the experience. Whole experience is about a 8/10 for me personally… I will note that my second visit was better than my first, I probably wouldn’t have rated it as highly after my first time.

As for the experience checking in and making an appointment, I think it has improved a lot since pre-2020. You used to not even be able to request someone because they insisted on rotating staff at random, but now when you call they will tell you who is working and let you request. I will absolutely be coming back here and trying some of the other masseurs. There is probably a bit of trial and error required to find the good ones.

Edited by gdgd85

• 1 month later...

I had a really good time with Cody. Happy to answer questions in dm

On 7/29/2023 at 2:32 PM, readyfortheride said:

Does Cody stop at just the massage? Do any of the other therapists there go 'above' and 'beyond' just the massage?   I've passed by a number of times, but never took the plunge.  Is it the same as, say, a NY spa like TSMS?  

I've been going to Prince for a long time. Some of the guys can be hit and miss, but the hits are damn good. I personally really liked Cody the one time I saw him. Danny is amazing and has been my go-to for years. Had Lucas once and he was great. I will acknowledge that Trevor, while cute, is a little bit unfriendly. 

• 4 weeks later...

Curious for guys who have been to Prince, or really to any similar spa, what do you guys tip the provider? I know my tip varies when the 'extras' are... extra. Just curious how everyone handles this and if I am way under or over tipping?