Jude Law Sexiest Man Alive

Spida
This topic is 7118 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Following Franco's post ie.. Lists.. People Magazine just named Jude law the sexiest man alive! Do you agree? I think he is hot, but not my type, (wouldn't throw him out of bed, actually there are very few I would hmmm..) Who would you have voted for sexiest man alive?

My vote goes for well so many but for today I am thinking of Mario Lopez! He was so hot in the Greg Louganis story!

http://www.edgeboston.com/index.php?ch=entertainment&sc=movies&sc2=news&sc3=&id=3130

It is the stupidest magazine, yet again, putting out the stupidest designation, at least imo. What the hell happened to the previous years' sexiest men? Aren't most of them still around? As such, did they lose all that "sexiness" from the year of their "honor"?

What the hell, many years ago Mark Harmon, was the "sexiest man alive". Last time I looked, not only is he still with us, but he is also on network TV every week in the NCIS series on CBS. Hot then, and still hot, even though he is now 50 and sporting gray hair!

As far as Jude Law goes, I've always thought he was super hot, as he has my very favorite feature - a flawlessly beautiful face (just like Mark). But that's just my taste, which may not be others' criteria. Of course, I don't limit sexiness to that criteria alone, as sexiness is much more than either a beautiful face or beautiful body.

People Magazine seems to designate the "sexiest man alive" to whichever celebrity is currently most "visible" in the media. Jude Law, with all the movies he has been in this year, is probably the most "visible" currently.

The A List

My problem is not with end of the year lists, per se, but with the list of gay (or gay friendly) people often selected by the named magazines as the most admirable, most significant, et al., of that particular year.

I do like the end of the year lists of books, films, music, etc., because often there will be some material I was not cognizant of, even though I live in Los Angeles (where many indy and foreign films always play, unlike other towns) and I read a great cross-section of periodicals and newspapers.

But as one newspaper put it in their article this afternoo, "Because the general public can't be trusted to choose a Hollywood babe over which to drool, People magazine issues its annual "Sexiest Man Alive" issue/edict."

Of course, People accomplished what it really wanted: the magazine got mentioned in countless newspaper articles and tv shows. Not to be outdone, U.S. Weekly named Jesse Metcalfe (the gardener having an affair with one of the Desperate Housewives as the sexiest man on television, but I suspect most believe Tom Welling has him beat on that score, and I would personally pick Victor Webster.

As for Mr. Law, I think he is attractive but, personally, would have to agree with the previous comment that, for me, he is much too thin. The magazine also listed some additional sexy celebs: Orlando Bloom, Jake Gyllenhaal, Usher, Colin Farrell, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Bruce Willis and Johnny Depp.

I would personally only want Colin and Brad in bed with me and why anyone thinks Usher is sexy, much less Ben Affleck is beyond reasoning.

RE: The A List

Regarding PEOPLE, they should add ('...with the best publicity agent') after 'The Sexiest Man Alive'. Have they ever named a guy who doesn't happen to have a new or movie or other project opening that week? (Or, in the case of Jude Law, FIVE new movies.) By the way, the trailer for his new movie with Julia Roberts looks nauseating. He should take a break.

Guest skrubber

Kippy please leave the smokers alone. There are so few of us left. Jude Law? I always thought he was good looking. Sexiest man alive? Nah, my vote still goes to Brad Pitt. As far as People magazine goes, it is a sucky magazine.

Sexy? Who you? Who me? I think that there no such thing as the sexist man or women alive, I say that because I don’t think Brad Pitt or Jude Law would be considered sexy if they did not have a outlet for us to see them in.

That being said I feel you Scrubber are the sexist man and you to Spida! Now I know your thinking how can you both be the sexist? Because if there was a outlet for the two of you to be seen by many I am sure there would be allot of people saying damn there the hottest men alive!

So everyone is sexy and no one more than the other.

Oh Vin,

Thank you so much for the kind words, even though I have been told I am sexy at times, I don't think so. But as for you Vincent! I have seen the pics you would definitely be up there on the list.

I know that there can't be a real list due to different likes and dislikes. My thought for starting this was for the exact reason as the post that mentioned Oliver Martinez, oh he is hot! So my list is right now changing.

Mario Lopez

Vincent Michael

Oliver Martinez

However, I feel as soon as I meet Vincent he will move right up to the top of the list :-)

Jude Law is "cute" but not that sexy to me. Like most Hollywood leading men (Colin Farrell, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt etc) he's probably a munchkin. Most of the "stars" are about 5'7" -- not my idea of the sexiest man alive. Personally I thought that actor in "Troy" not La Pitt, the other one, he's Latino and I can't recall his name right now, but he was really hot. So if I had to choose a sexy movie star of the year it would be him -- whoever he was.

Sexiest MAN alive or Sexiest ACTOR alive ?

Gotta tell ya that I see guys (and girls for that matter) every day that are incredibly hot and should be in modeling or acting. Granted I live in the burbs of NYC where every guy is a metrosexual and every girl needs to look good enough to be a metrosexual's girlfriend.

Jude Law...nahh Brad Pitt...always had a thing for the man

Personally, give me a hot unknown guy on the street...that really gets my heart going...not movie stars

Well, there were a group of us in a room where Jude was taking a bath. He got up from the tub stark naked and proceeded to linger with the towel as he slowly dried himself off. Once his clothes were on, the audience continued watching the play. It was a British import called Indiscretions.

Archived