Make Amercia Grate Again

Charlie
This topic is 2829 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Welcome to the Forum, Oscarkin! If that surprised you, check out this 5- page thread with ~ 85 posts, all extolling the virtues of good grammar. You will take great pleasure in some of the Oxford comma debates that ensued. Cheers!

And indeed I did take great pleasure in reading the extended grammar thread. In fact, I think I have been deeply impacted by the experience.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So when are we going to debate the merits of box vs rotary vs flat? Microplane vs OXO vs Kuhn-Rikon? Coarse vs fine vs shaved?

These are serious issues, dammit!

Perhaps an oversight committee is in order. I've always wanted to sit on a committee that looked at oversights.

Jeez; Now we know who ended up with all the gnats!

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/58254600/gnats_kick_ass_dog_tshirt.jpg?width=225&height=225&Filters=%5B%7B%22name%22%3A%22background%22%2C%22value%22%3A%22F2F2F2%22%2C%22sequence%22%3A2%7D%5D

Agreed. I don't give a gnat's ass if someone makes an occasional spelling or grammar mistake.

And indeed I did take great pleasure in reading the extended grammar thread. In fact, I think I have been deeply impacted by the experience.

Well if you have been deeply impacted, there is a thread about the best methods of cleansing prior to bottoming. There is probably something there which can assist you in moving that impaction.

Welcome to the Forum.

back on graters, I just ate at an Italian restaurant that served Grana Padano cheese in a self-contained grater. I'm obsessed. I was grating it onto my plate and eating it by the handful.

Wow, @poolboy48220, you are a man after my own heart. I LOVE eating grated cheese.

Now I will be scouring the universe of a self-contained grater. :)

• 1 month later...
I'm a retired English teacher and the breakdown of correct usage, careless errors and plain ignorance is maddening, but can also be amusing. Here are a few of my favorite malapropisms.

-We will nip that in the butt!

-I had an outer body experience.

-My job has good French benefits.

-I drank a litter of wine and got really drunk.

- It's outside my spear of influence.

The great thing is that these sort of make sense!

I guess I'm dumb. What's wrong with #2

Archived