JJ's Kitchen

jjkrkwood
This topic is 1044 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well Gman has already tempted and seduced us with his culinary skills and mamma's recipes. We ALL have his apricot chicken on our To-Make lists. But man doesn't live by Apricot alone.

For another spin on chicken, if you like a bit of spice, try JJ's horseradish sauce chicken. Quik and easy 1 pan recipe...

Season up you chicken breasts or parts, and Marinate in 1 cup prepared horseradish sauce, 1-2 tablespoons sweet relish (depending on taste) for several hours. Then transfer to baking dish, spoon marinade over chicken and Bake in 350 degree oven until done. A new taste sensation with a kick, paired with cornbread greenbeans and some kind of potatoe....

For another spin on chicken, if you like a bit of spice, try JJ's horseradish sauce chicken. Quik and easy 1 pan recipe...

Season up you chicken breasts or parts, and Marinate in 1 cup prepared horseradish sauce, 1-2 tablespoons sweet relish (depending on taste) for several hours. Then transfer to baking dish, spoon marinade over chicken and Bake in 350 degree oven until done. A new taste sensation with a kick, paired with cornbread greenbeans and some kind of potatoe....

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/11/1106.gif

"Did somebody say cornbread?"

Edited by bigvalboy

Well Gman has already tempted and seduced us with his culinary skills and mamma's recipes. We ALL have his apricot chicken on our To-Make lists. But man doesn't live by Apricot alone.

Skin or no skin? Sweet relish, like the stuff one might put on hot dogs?

Hugs,

Greg

And I thought I had no use for relish, having given up hot dogs. I like them occasionally, but they're full of preservatives

Martha Stewart Likes Big Weiners

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/marthahotdog__oPt.jpg

The always prim and proper Martha Stewart dedicated an entire episode of her daytime show this week to everything Hot Dog related.

The Martha Stewart Show featured all kinds of hot dogs and toppings.

They even had a special 15-foot hot dog created by Empire National in Brooklyn that was hand delivered to Martha's studio.

And showing you can never be too proper, Ms. Stewart added, "For those of you who don't think length matters, I disagree – especially when it comes to wieners."

How saucy, Martha!

"There's just never enough bites in a hot dog," she added.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-09-24-martha-stewart-likes-big-weiners#.V4DwnaLGuig

• 4 years later...

I bumped up this thread to share something I tried recently that dessert mavens may enjoy ?....

IF you love chocolate, but find its too heavy for a summer dessert, try adding some summer fruit. for a lighter, fresher treat.

I tried this with chocolate brownies and it was YUMMY...  I used a raspberry couli and an orange marmalade since both those flavors pair well with chocolate, and swirled it into the brownie batter....Voila !  A twist on a brownie, perfect for summer  and a tall glass of iced tea....

I'm not only good on my knees....   I'm good in the kitchen, since its fun to be creative and "versatile"...🤗

1 hour ago, azdr0710 said:

Though obviously highly staged in that picture, the croissant egg tarts look fantastic. 

Aren't most food pics staged ?    I have never eatten at a fast food joint where the food looked like it did in their ads......    And in chinese taken out joints,  the pics they show of their menu items is never representative of the actual food you get.....  But if I am hungry enough, I shut my pie-hole and EAT.

Since my recent thread "Devilled Egg Diaries" seems to have been deleted for reasons unknown, I figured I would drop this post here for all the deviled egg lovers that replied to the previous post ?

If you like a good hot dog then this twist on a traditional devilled egg might just float your boat ?    I call it "Devilled DOGS".....

I used foot long hot dogs and jumbo eggs in a ratio of 1 dog per 1 egg....   Start by grilling the dogs so they get a nice Char.... Cook eggs to hard boil as usual and then extract the yolks.   Once the dogs are charred and cooled,  chop or grind them and throw in a bowl along with the cooked yolks from the eggs.   Combine both with just enough mayo, yellow mustard and sweet pickle relish to bind the mixture.  You dont want the condiments to overpower the filling.  The hot dogs should be the star.... Add a pinch of paprika and cayene for kick, and mix till smooth and pate'-like.....  Spoon or pipe into your hard boiled egg shell.

I recently took these to a Gay Pride "under the stars" sipper, and they seemed quite popular....  They are also an unexpected surprise at Bar-B-Q's....

Just thought I'd pass it along to you "foodies".....😋

• 1 month later...

OK, so being in this pandemic,  many of us have gotten into a routine,  which is now bordering on BORING....  With that said, do you find your morning bagel and smear of cream cheese Ho-Hum ?  Do you long to wake up your taste buds with food that is exciting ?  

TRY putting some crushed potatoe chips on that bagel and cream cheese... I've only tried it with original flavor so far, but boy, my mouth hasnt been so excited since I deepthroated that latino 10 incher !    Happy Breakfast.......

200.gif