father to 22 kids

bigjoey
This topic is 2912 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

All I want is one and I can't have it....

I would love to have a son to raise and to teach artistically, athletically, and academically.

Yeah, many men I want a son who has the same talent (baseball, physics) but shines even brighter than the father did. Even my progressive-minded college boyfriend told me that while daughters are great, he wanted a son to be proud of. I had a chance at a kid like that but totally dropped the ball.

Unfortunately, this dream often runs up against the brick wall of regression to the mean.

It's a sad truth... mothers want boys so they can be mama's boys.

I think you're wrong there. Western women, if they have any preference at all, tend to want girls. The exception are those who are only going to have one child and want a son to make their husbands happy and those who have several girls already.

There are forums for women who are upset that they don't have a child of the gender they want. The majority of posters are desperate to have a daughter. Many are frustrated with having several rough-and-tumble boys and long for a girl who'll wear bows and frilly pink dresses. (I know, I know. I'm just reporting what these women are saying.)

Huh. We kept having boys and my wife desperately wanted a girl. She was incredibly bitter that our last baby was, again, a boy. I was glad. We had adopted one girl and I did not want her to have a bio sister and ever wonder if she was "second best".

Plus, boys are infinitely easier.

Very interesting conversation. I am coming to the question from a different place. I had a twin brother who died a few hours after birth. So I was the one who badly wanted another child. I did not care whether it was a boy or a girl. I finally got a brother when I was six years old. Now I understand my parents reluctance, my mom celebrated her 41st birthday 10 days before my brother was born.

In my family, it was okay to grow up gay. Elementary school until 7th grade, when my voice got deep, was I no longer "a flaming faggot" it was obvious i was gay. I was named afte "Burnie Kosar" the quarter back for the Browns. My dad wanted me to play football, but he supported me no matter what my choice was. We may WANT something but when something you made, cherished and loved is born, no matter what they are if you can whole heartedly love something or someone then you will love that baby more than anything. It sounds like people have had stigmas with their kids wanting this or that. It's not a clone or a gene experient. Boy or girl , you better feed, nurture, provide, love, care and BE THERE for that baby.

Could you imagine being one of those girls "mom and dad kept having kids because they wanted a boy" so long story short I was a mistake, pretty much is what your saying, or maybe not a mistake but an "awe damn, again!?" That would make me cry and hurt my ego and my childhood.

Do to others as you'd want done to yourself.

Blood is thicker than water.

I would love to have a son to raise and to teach artistically, athletically, and academically.

My mother's birthname was Theodora Roberta. One might make guess about the gender desires of

her parents.

(When she was in grade school she dropped the first name because the other kids would sing

"O Theodora don't spit on the floor-a, use the cuspidora, that's what it's for-a" to the tune of a Bizet Chorus.)

Archived