WTF: Sex roulette parties?

LivingnLA
This topic is 2916 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it could be real. I know a guy who tried everything he could to catch HIV... and i do mean everything.

And I know a guy who was neg and monogamist with a partner -- they had a huge fight one night my guy went out got drunk and was fucked in a backroom and was dead 12-14 months later --- Oh that crazy little virus!

Don't be a stupid faggot - always make sure you make him bag it!

l

HIV doesn't kill that quick. HIV takes several years before it turns to Aids. Only way he coulda gotten killed 12-14 months later is if he had aids at that moment where he went out and got fucked :p

Anyhoo all you can do is protect yourself. You can't really trust anyone to keep you safe other than you. Wear condoms with anyone you meet who is a stranger. If your in a relationship it gets tricky as you see all those guys who thought they were in a monogamous relationship but people lie and cheat all the time. If your in a relationship best advice to be safe is go on prep and get tested every few months.

As for me Ive never fucked raw and never will. I don't know but I can't stay horny if I meet someone for the first time and they want me to fuck them raw or them to fuck me raw. It will make me think he does it with everyone. I know theirs prep but thing is anyone can just say they are on prep when they are not.

Anyhoo wrap it up, take the prep pill, be safe and happy fucking :)

Well little puppy in 1986 nobody knew what was killing us -- Gay Cancer - GRIDS - Poppers - and in 1992 -- the meds were not so effective or existant- there was no PREP and the cocktail was just being introduced and people dropped like flies.

Those who responded to AZT and the first cocktails suffered from explosive diarrhea, thrush a fungal infection in the mouth and other places, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, dementia, fever, chills, carposea carcoma and a larger list of delightful side effects including death.

Take some time and learn about our history --- books, plays and movies like The Pink Plague, And the Band Played On, The Normal Heart, Angels in America, The Dallas Buyers Club and dozens more. learn how our government at all levels ignored us and used AIDS as a political issue and us as pawns.

Why do you think us Oldsters who were lucky enough to survive get so crazed about puppies and yuppies and guppies who think AIDS/HIV is no big deal - "I will just take a pill and be a sperm bank - line up 30 guys to fuck me raw . . ."

Actually. ask a client who is 50+ and out about the 80s and 90s = and what death and life were like.

For me I worked in the Clubs and life was work - sleep - go to the hospital and take care of your dying friends because the hospital staff/nurses/doctors/ were afraid and would not touch your friends, your lover. your partner - you cleaned their shit, you washed them, you fed them and sat with them long after the hospital tried to throw you out.

Then you slept a few hours and then went shopping for food for your friends who were dying at home to weak to get out - you picked up meds - you cooked meals and walked dogs and then you went back to work. and in your spare time you organized benefits to try and raise money to bury your friends. And you went to funerals and memorial and you cried until you could not cry anymore - because it was your turn to be at the hospital with __________ so they did not die alone lying in their own SHIT!!!!!!!!

Little puppy learn your history so that it is never allowed to repeat itself . . .

Damn you, you hit a fucking nerve!

l

Well little puppy in 1986 nobody knew what was killing us -- Gay Cancer - GRIDS - Poppers - and in 1992 -- the meds were not so effective or existant- there was no PREP and the cocktail was just being introduced and people dropped like flies.

Those who responded to AZT and the first cocktails suffered from explosive diarrhea, thrush a fungal infection in the mouth and other places, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, dementia, fever, chills, carposea carcoma and a larger list of delightful side effects including death.

Take some time and learn about our history --- books, plays and movies like The Pink Plague, And the Band Played On, The Normal Heart, Angels in America, The Dallas Buyers Club and dozens more. learn how our government at all levels ignored us and used AIDS as a political issue and us as pawns.

Why do you think us Oldsters who were lucky enough to survive get so crazed about puppies and yuppies and guppies who think AIDS/HIV is no big deal - "I will just take a pill and be a sperm bank - line up 30 guys to fuck me raw . . ."

Actually. ask a client who is 50+ and out about the 80s and 90s = and what death and life were like.

For me I worked in the Clubs and life was work - sleep - go to the hospital and take care of your dying friends because the hospital staff/nurses/doctors/ were afraid and would not touch your friends, your lover. your partner - you cleaned their shit, you washed them, you fed them and sat with them long after the hospital tried to throw you out.

Then you slept a few hours and then went shopping for food for your friends who were dying at home to weak to get out - you picked up meds - you cooked meals and walked dogs and then you went back to work. and in your spare time you organized benefits to try and raise money to bury your friends. And you went to funerals and memorial and you cried until you could not cry anymore - because it was your turn to be at the hospital with __________ so they did not die alone lying in their own SHIT!!!!!!!!

Little puppy learn your history so that it is never allowed to repeat itself . . .

I think that might be the most emotional diarrhea I have ever seen come out of one person on this forum. Do you feel better?

Bear of distinction. Your posts above are repugnant. Filled with homophobia and condescension not to mention ageism.

As a gay person I find your name calling and comments offensive.

You're not the only one who lived through that time in the 1980s and that does not give you the right to act nutty in your diatribe.

The poster above is correct. People contracting HIV in general are never dead 12-18 months after initial infection.

Gotta remember the truth

It was years before there was a test - and then it took two weeks to get a result - and it was

only effective after you had the virus for about 6 months for a result that was even close to accurate.

Sorry if you are offended - But the truth is the truth and it is all of our history.

Well aware of that. I lived through it and treated many patients in the 1980's and know all about not having a test.

I'm not offended by the history but I am offended by calling someone faggott in a tone meant to be derogatory or puppy in a demeaning manner and also implying that if one were young one couldn't really understand.

Anyway back to the topic at hand.

Bear, I feel the pain in your post. It was poignant, beautiful and well written.

Yes, it was an emotional outburst but that doesn't make it any less true.

Unfortunately, I don't think it was the right time/place/thread for it.

Domini simply made a statement about the HIV/AIDS timeline....that's all.

I happen to disagree with him and there are rare cases where HIV

can tear through someone's immune system and kill them within

a year. Again, it's extremely unusual....but possible.

Now, if we're all done bitch slapping each other....

It's time for one of my favorite things...make up sex!

I call first crack at that smartass Wydrman's ass....grin

I think it could be real. I know a guy who tried everything he could to catch HIV... and i do mean everything.

A while ago, a young man hit me up on a hookup site, HIV -, and he wanted us to go clubbing together and me to pimp him out to all poz comers - he wanted to take as many poz loads as he could. I pointed out that that was a very high-risk activity and he said he found the risk thrilling. I turned him down.

HIV doesn't kill that quick. HIV takes several years before it turns to Aids.

My experience is that same as Bear. I did live in San Francisco in the early

80, played in the SF Gay Freedom band and some of our members did catch the plague and die that quickly. Others did live longer; maybe the median was about 2 years (meaning some survived rather longer) before they came up with the meds.

The virus itself mutated; from a Darwinian point of view it would benefit the

virus if the carriers lived longer having more of a chance to spread it.

When literally *hundreds* of people you've met are dead well before their

time, its going to provoke a very, very strong reaction.

Condolences to Bear and everyone else who lost friends. I stopped counting

at 50 friends, some of whom were really, really close.

People's response to the virus varies widely. I know a kid who just contracted it last year (and knows when/who he got it from), and his T-cell count was damn close to full-blown AIDS when he tested positive about 6 months after the exposure.

l

Big hugs to you Mr. Bear. I was still in grade school in the 80s when AIDS was coming out so I did not experience it first hand. I guess in a way I am lucky unfortunately. I've seen three or four of the movies you mentioned and they really should be required watching and reading for the younger gays. Those of us who were barely outta diapers in the 80s will never full know the heartache you guys went through and probably still to this day feel emotionally drained. Basically scared for life. I hope you don't apologize for anything you said. What you said was your truth, your experience and it is very much valid. Not everyones truth can be all floral prettiness and such.

Hugs,

Greg

In the 80s, particularly the early 80s, those of us who had friends who were living with AIDS had to become nurses and aides, as well as friends. There was simply no one else around to do the various necessary jobs and the government provided very little support. I don't know about others but it was harder because I lost many people who I grew up with in my gay life and they would never be replaced even if you developed new friendships. It just wasn't the same. I guess it really was like going to war.

.... What he said ...

It was almost impossible not to to know at least a couple guys who had AIDS or who had died, but even if that weren't the case, AIDS was inescapable. Walking down Castro Street on Saturday morning, you might see paramedics loading somebody into an ambulance, there would be men walking with canes and walkers, so thin they looked like a strong wind could blow them away, men with portable oxygen, men in wheelchairs, men covered with KS lesions. That was the daily reality.

When I posted this, I didn't think of the personal history so many of y'all lived during the 80s. For that, I am sorry if I've disturbed or upset any memories. I grew up during the 80s but didn't personally see what y'all have shared here. I've watched some movies about the period, and I guess that's part of me now and why I struggle with things like these rumored roulette sex parties.

I'm a guy and I understand the psychology behind sex without condoms. The intimacy, the kink, etc. I just wish more people today understood fully the risks they take when they don't practice safer sex. Further, as we've discussed in another thread, it's critical that our society continue to press for a broad spectrum HIV vaccine because for-profit pharmaceutical companies won't. It's in their best interests to maximize profits by only developing treatments that require a lifetime of purchases from customers.

Don't be a stupid faggot - always make sure you make him bag it!

Jesus Christ! We have all experienced loss and fear. Having lost some people doesn't give you the right of being offensive, condescending and so gross.

Bear of distinction. Your posts above are repugnant. Filled with homophobia and condescension not to mention ageism.

As a gay person I find your name calling and comments offensive.

You're not the only one who lived through that time in the 1980s and that does not give you the right to act nutty in your diatribe.

The poster above is correct. People contracting HIV in general are never dead 12-18 months after initial infection.

I agree. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but being so hateful towards one another is not acceptable.

Jesus Christ! We have all experienced loss and fear. Having lost some people doesn't give you the right of being offensive, condescending and so gross.

I agree. We are all entitled to our own opinions, but being so hateful towards one another is not acceptable.

It is True - I am Evil and Must Be Destroyed -- Please ask the Villagers to assemble peacefully by the moat and not to trample the

gladiolas - pitchforks and torches will be available at the concession stand along with complimentary hats to mark the occasion.

Just Remember --- Don't Be Silly --- Bag Your Willy!

The only thing I would say, is be careful about glossing over what @Bearofdistinction experienced. The "war" analogy is appropriate from a PTSD perspective. As I understand it, there were neighborhoods and social circles that saw 50+% mortality rates. Imagine that for a min. If 1 of every 2 of your friends died horribly, painfully, without dignity, and without hope or acknowledgement.

Bear's post was ageist and somewhat condescending, but again, imagine you survived a decade long battle in a war that is still going on. You lost the vast majority of your family and friends. People said it was their fault. God judged them filthy and unworthy. Etc. Now, nearly 4 decades into this war, the early cost has been forgotten and people continue to engage in activities that may possibly be death sentences or at least very costly sentences.

I'm not excusing Bear's comments, but I am trying to acknowledge and validate his experiences at a time in our combined history where much of his struggle has been forgotten.

The only thing I would say, is be careful about glossing over what @Bearofdistinction experienced. The "war" analogy is appropriate from a PTSD perspective. As I understand it, there were neighborhoods and social circles that saw 50+% mortality rates. Imagine that for a min. If 1 of every 2 of your friends died horribly, painfully, without dignity, and without hope or acknowledgement.

Bear's post was ageist and somewhat condescending, but again, imagine you survived a decade long battle in a war that is still going on. You lost the vast majority of your family and friends. People said it was their fault. God judged them filthy and unworthy. Etc. Now, nearly 4 decades into this war, the early cost has been forgotten and people continue to engage in activities that may possibly be death sentences or at least very costly sentences.

I'm not excusing Bear's comments, but I am trying to acknowledge and validate his experiences at a time in our combined history where much of his struggle has been forgotten.

Well Living thank you for your comments ---- I have taught AIDS education and LGBT Diversity in the Workplace for more than 20 years - and nothing makes me cringe more than many of the teens and 20s that I have met and taught who think AIDS and other STDs are no big deal.

My comments which others think are derogatory (faggot) ageist (puppy) and condescending (my experiences from the early days of the plague) were not intended to be hurtful, but as I have learned all of life is perception. What someone says and the other person hears/reads is all a matter of perception. I have no intention of apologizing for my statements any further than acknowledging peoples discontent with some of the things I have said, as I have done previously (see above).

Take from my postings what you will - most every reader will have a different take on what was important, what was truth, what was insulting, etc. You can never control the perception of others --- politicians and companies spend millions each year trying to do so.

And BTW I wish somebody would call me a puppy instead of an ol dawg.

As my old friend Skipper Chuck used to say -- Peace-Love and Happiness! Bye!

Archived