Responses when you ask for a '3-fingered selfie'.

dutchmuch
This topic is 2083 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One ass responded that I could see three fingers in a previous picture he'd already sent.

LOL.

Excuse me, but the three fingers pictures is a pretty idiotic request for verification. We are in the videoconference age, forget about verifying pictures with other picture.

This thread should be saved in the museum. Together with three finger pictures, VHS, cassette tapes, Blockbusters, etc.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/20e37438c6da1ee244896603fc7df390/tumblr_mpjmjrUuXE1sx9ptto1_500.gif

LOL.

Excuse me, but the three fingers pictures is a pretty idiotic request for verification. We are in the videoconference age, forget about verifying pictures with other picture.

I rarely use any video app. And I dont want to... for rentguys or any other activity.

Im not on ios, 1-2 guys offered FaceTime, which I cant use on Android. They wouldnt try a different app when I offered.

And I have no desire to try to video with someone, manipulating the settings so Im not also broadcasting myself.

More than vid or pics... I should rely on common sense. Im already very skeptical by the time I ask for confirmation. Never once has someone too good to be true allayed my doubts with a confirming pic.

In the absence of reliable reviews, confirmation here, or a recommendation, I'd do better to just skip it.

Edited by LaffingBear

Dont agree.

I rarely use any video app. And I dont want to... for rentguys or any other activity.

Im not on ios, 1-2 guys offered FaceTime, which I cant use on Android. They wouldnt try a different app when I offered.

And I have no desire to try to video with someone, manipulating the settings so Im not also broadcasting myself.

More than vid or pics... I should rely on common sense. Im already very skeptical by the time I ask for confirmation. Never once has someone too good to be true allayed my doubts with a confirming pic.

In the absence of reliable reviews, confirmation here, or a recommendation, I'd do better to just skip it.

Expecting a 3 finger selfi is BS today when you can face time through video chat. Not to mention a waste of someone's time considering how many flakes there are just looking to picture collect.

I know that new technology is scary for some. Old dog/new trick thing. I was resistant to it too but have found it kind of cool lately. Most apps have them at the top of the screen. Whatsapp, hangouts, etc.

Dont agree.

If I knew how, I would respond with a clip of a crowd cheering you on. I agree with you. My way or the highway.

Edited by freecahill1965

I'm confused on this whole topic. I don't understand the idea of a three fingered selfie. Is it just to verify that the pic matches the person?

Of course you are confused, it does not make much sense as a verification prove. The person asking for the pictures assumes that selfies showing one or two fingers are common, that if you ask to your candidate to show three fingers he will have to take a new, real and updated picture. It is like asking someone to send a picture pocking his nose or his ear or any uncommon gesture.

Edited by latbear4blk

Of course you are confused, it does not make much sense as a verification prove. The person asking for the pictures assumes that selfies showing one or two fingers are common, that if you ask to your candidate to show three fingers he will have to take a new, real and updated picture. It is like asking someone to send a picture pocking his nose or his year or any uncommon gesture.

Well, I asked for 4 fingers. :p

@freecahill1965 and @LaffingBear , I should have added you two to the list of things to storage in a Museum exhibit.:)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/188c1ef328b68029970d38c7a2da1ad1/tumblr_mw5wjeIIFz1ssbvp5o1_500.gif

http://bulk2.destructoid.com/ul/226826-about-the-art-debate-please-shut-the-f-k-up/penis-art-ba-5-620x.jpg

Add me to the museum. I will NOT videoconference. All my primary communication has been through email. It worked 18 months ago. We soon transitioned to text before the first of 10 meetings. Sucksessful.

Of course you are confused, it does not make much sense as a verification prove. The person asking for the pictures assumes that selfies showing one or two fingers are common, that if you ask to your candidate to show three fingers he will have to take a new, real and updated picture. It is like asking someone to send a picture pocking his nose or his ear or any uncommon gesture.

Finally, an actual explanation that makes a modicum of sense. Thank you.

I'm confused on this whole topic. I don't understand the idea of a three fingered selfie. Is it just to verify that the pic matches the person?

In theory the three finger or thumbs up photo will be a fresh photo although adding the date or asking for a photo with a piece of paper with the date written on it, adds to the likelihood of the pictures being authentic.

• 7 months later...

I read through this old thread and realized most posts here seem to assume that when you text a professional provider, it is actually him at the other end. In most cases it seems like a Mastermind/pimp sitting in TX or FL with multiple SIM cards, burner phone apps and Google voice accounts with a limited supply of stock photos of providers is pulling the strings and talking to you until an appointment is locked down. Once in London I was texting with a 22 year provider.. who when challenged about pix, started getting into political arguments like 'you fat Americans think you can bend the world with your fat capitalist wallets. We are British and not your poodle' etc. Hardly something a 22 yr old eastern european looking guy would get in. Generally from the language of the text one can guess it's not the actual person you are going to meet is behind all the appointment set up texts.

• 3 months later...