What band had you hooked from the first song you heard from them?

geminibear
This topic is 1392 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno why, but I was pleasantly surprised to see folks mention country artists like Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Alabama, and Patsy Cline. All great artists!

I also discovered a couple bands that I'm going to check out. Just goes to show how much music plays into our lives (pun intended). Great topic!

• 3 years later...
The Archies Sugar Sugar i dare you to listen all the way through and then try to get the tune out of your head.

I remember SUGAR SUGAR battling it out with AQUARIAS for the #1 song of 1969.

This is a list of Billboard magazine's Top Hot 100 songs of 1969.

Title Artist(s)

1 "Sugar, Sugar" The Archies

2 "Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" The 5th Dimension

3 "I Can't Get Next to You" The Temptations

4 "Honky Tonk Women" The Rolling Stones

5 "Everyday People" Sly and the Family Stone

6 "Dizzy" Tommy Roe

Dizzy is the first record I ever bought. It skipped. I had to return it to the variety store across the street SIX TIMES before I got a copy that worked, which I probably still have in a closet somewhere. Between my sister and I, we had about half the top 100 that year. I turned 7 that August, she was 10.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1969

Who else would notice, whilst checking out at the supermarket at 1AM, that Jingle Jangle (The Archies’ follow-up single to Sugar Sugar) was playing in the background? The cashier didn’t seem to recognize it. Go figure!

THE SONGS WITHOUT THE VIDEO NOISES:

Edited by samhexum

• 11 months later...