Dog Forum: Bar-tending Canines

ArVaGuy
This topic is 2958 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Here's another for the Dog Forum.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/05/bar-tending-canines-prove-dogs-really-are-mans-best-friend/

The service at this London pop-up pub is really going to the dogs!

Kronenbourg 1664 Bar D’Alsace-Tian will have a pack of “professionally trained” German shepherds serving ‘ruff’ draughts for three hours Friday night.

bar2.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=300&strip=all

Photo: Splash News

“Man’s best friend delivers one of man’s greatest achievements at Kronenbourg Bar D’Alsace-tian: the world’s first bar staffed by dogs,” the Soho bar said of the sold-out event.

The hairy staffers will be able to pull off the effort with the help of special lightweight beer barrels that are affixed to their collars.

Each barrel has an ice-cold bottle of Kronenbourg 1664, the French suds maker behind the stunt, which coincides with its new ad campaign that features two dogs delivering beers around Alsace, France

In a one-minute ad, the pooches trek through the French countryside delivering the hair of the dog — and maybe a dog hair or two– to parishioners at a church, a shivering man covered in snow, and an actor in the middle of a play.

Tickets are sold out, but it is still possible to win them.

“A cold Kroenbourg 1664 served by an Alsace-tian dog? Oui! To win a table for 4 on Fri tweet us your deserving mates,” @Kronenbourg1664 tweeted Thursday.

On a camping trip with a group of friends, one of the friend's sons (about 6 at this time) was enjoying running to the coolers and bringing us beers around the campfire. He came back from my cooler visibly upset, because the beer I'd just finished was one a friend had given me, and the beer in my cooler was a different brand. He thought he'd done wrong.

On a different trip with the same friends, their daughter (about the same age) was going to the downstairs fridge to grab me a beer, but she stomped over to me first and demanded, "The question is, What Kind!?!?!?!"

Guest countryboywny
I want to go there.

Me too! Dogs and beer, an unbeatable combination IMHO. :)

Archived