Dear Evan Hansen

This topic is 1621 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

.... Considering he's been doing this part for quite a while it's astounding he can maintain that level of intensity 8 times a week. .

@foxy, The NY Times has an excellent article on Ben Platt & how he prepares for his shows. Didn't realize he was just 23 yo. What an amazing performance he gives. He's my choice for the Tony.

When I 1st saw "Dear Evan Hansen" most of my friends had never heard of it, now everyone is talking about it & wants to see it. Same with Ben Platt. He's now a household name.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/theater/how-ben-platt-beame-the-toast-of-broadway-dear-evan-hansen-tony-awards.html

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That article answered a lot of questions for me about this incredibly dedicated actor. I can't begin to understand the physical and emotional strain of doing this role over and over. I was drained after the show ( in a good way ). What he'll do next should be really interesting.

• 1 year later...

Saw Ben Levi Ross star in Dear Evan Hansen tonight at The Ahmanson in LA.

I'm not the first to say D.E.H. is a one-of-a-kind musical. Ben Levi Ross has some great pipes, as well as impressive acting chops for the role. Not an easy part and he nailed it. This show is touring so you can see the same cast that is currently performing here in LA. They are great, all of the cast.

Edited by E.T.Bass

Starting in January & making his Broadway debut, Andrew Barth Feldman, will play the part of Evan Hansen.

Broadway’s hit musical “Dear Evan Hansen” has announced its new title star — and it’s 16-year-old Andrew Barth Feldman, who is much closer in age to the high school nerd at the center of the Tony Award-winning show.

Feldman, a junior at Lawrence Woodmere Academy in Woodmere, New York, will take over for Taylor Trensch this January. Trensch replaced Ben Platt, who won a Tony for his performance as a high schooler who becomes an accidental social-media icon.

“As a real-life high school student, I relate to the character of Evan Hansen immensely,” said Feldman, who was cast after winning the Best Actor Award at this year’s Jimmy Awards (a.k.a. the National High School Musical Theatre Awards). “Dear Evan Hansen” was a sponsor of this year’s competition.

Starting in January & making his Broadway debut, Andrew Barth Feldman, will play the part of Evan Hansen.

Broadway’s hit musical “Dear Evan Hansen” has announced its new title star — and it’s 16-year-old Andrew Barth Feldman, who is much closer in age to the high school nerd at the center of the Tony Award-winning show.

Feldman, a junior at Lawrence Woodmere Academy in Woodmere, New York, will take over for Taylor Trensch this January. Trensch replaced Ben Platt, who won a Tony for his performance as a high schooler who becomes an accidental social-media icon.

“As a real-life high school student, I relate to the character of Evan Hansen immensely,” said Feldman, who was cast after winning the Best Actor Award at this year’s Jimmy Awards (a.k.a. the National High School Musical Theatre Awards). “Dear Evan Hansen” was a sponsor of this year’s competition.

Excited to see how Feldman does. Ben Platt wasn't too shabby in high school. I expect he could have tackled the role. Here is his high school senior night performance, below.

Evan Hansen understudy on Broadway was Ben Levi Ross. Saw him again tonight starring in Dear Evan Hansen at the Ahmanson. He is really something. I do highly recommend seeing him perform in the national tour. I know BP won the Tony but I get the sense that BLR IS Evan Hansen.

45654781_2088227684531177_1220633390605139968_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=f44259bc3bafb98a8a5577c0c429d259&oe=5C6D9AC6

Found this Jessica Phillips interview (at the link below) about the Dear Evan Hansen tour. She comments about the remarkable Ben Levi Ross halfway through. I'd see it a third time in LA if I could get tickets. Had second row seats for the second performance and recommend it. Sit as close as you can! So amazing. I loved the dance steps with Evan and Connor where Jared eventually joins on. Fun stuff.

https://www.broadway.com/videos/158941/the-broadwaycom-show-jessica-phillips-of-the-dear-evan-hansen-national-tour/?page=7&sort=newest

Here is a taste of BLR's talent.

Edited by E.T.Bass

• 1 year later...