COFFEE...$15.00 a cup!!!!!!

jackjackjack
This topic is 3041 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

San Francisco area is referred to as 'The Bay' area...... The San Francisco Bay...makes up the region of San Francisco, San Jose and Oakland.

Marin county is also thought of as being in the Bay Area; but there is some context involved . . .

Speak to a Floridian and they might think of Tampa Bay. I seem to vaguely recall references

to San Pedro, Long Beach as being "South Bay" in the Los Angeles area.

I seem to vaguely recall references

to San Pedro, Long Beach as being "South Bay" in the Los Angeles area.

Yes we consider ourselves "Southbay" here in the SoCal area mentioned above, technically like El Segundo along the coast to Long Beach. Different interpretations of that depending on where you live!

"The beans, which cost $75 per 1/2 pound sold out within 18 hours."

might be another example of buying stuff just so you can say you bought it....happens in Marin and many other upscale areas.....

admittedly, if I found myself in the Bay Area, I'd try a cup just to see if there's a worthy distinction.....then back to my 7-11 Original Blend for $1.29

"The beans, which cost $75 per 1/2 pound sold out within 18 hours."

might be another example of buying stuff just so you can say you bought it....happens in Marin and many other upscale areas.....

admittedly, if I found myself in the Bay Area, I'd try a cup just to see if there's a worthy distinction.....then back to my 7-11 Original Blend for $1.29

I only pay a buck for my 711 sludge at 430am during the week lol. I use the 711 app too so I can get that free bevie.

Hugs,

Greg

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/88961165-story

We've talked about coffee here before but I just saw this article. I love my morning special coffee but no way, no how would I ever.

I was about to run my mouth about hipsters and tech bros paying top dollar for conventional slave coffee with a fru fru label, but I checked out the coffee brand's website and they do in fact have quite a few socially and environmentally beneficial programs behind the name.

That article did a poor job of highlighting this, as did the website, to be honest—such info should be front and center (not the IMO nonsense "it takes 8 years to grow" bit). I had to click around before I found their socially responsible programs and micro-financing options for farming communities. Then again, maybe their market cares more about the fussiness it takes to grow the coffee than the lives it improves...

I'd pay more for coffee if I knew the folks who made the coffee were getting a living wage rather than a step-above-slavery wage, if I was a coffee drinker. I do so for my chocolates (a *huge* modern slave market) and teas, and other products that have equitably sourced options.

I have been a "coffee, black, no cream, no sugar" guy since I was 11 years old - the days of Maxell House, Folgers, Hill Brothers, etc. Because I add nothing to my coffee, the coffee at Starbucks and similar places has a bitter taste to me. Since when did coffee have to be made by baristas?

I also have to laugh at the "foodies" and "yelpers" in NYC, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Miami, etc who can only parrot what they hear on Top Chef - "My deconstructed bouillabaisse suffered from a lack of acidity."

Communal tables the latest trend? No thanks. I do not want to sit elbow to elbow with people I do not know. I might be a pig but I'm a pig with decorum. It is not proper for me to ask the person I am dining with at a communal table if the cum has started to leak from his hole.

The chefs who open the $30 hamburger places and not allow ketchup in their restaurants because they know better than me how I should have my burger can go fuck themselves.

pig with decorum
i think I have found my next screen name (whatever site I sign up for next).

The chefs who open the $30 hamburger places and not allow ketchup in their restaurants because they know better than me how I should have my burger can go fuck themselves.
+1

I have been a "coffee, black, no cream, no sugar" guy since I was 11 years old - the days of Maxell House, Folgers, Hill Brothers, etc. Because I add nothing to my coffee, the coffee at Starbucks and similar places has a bitter taste to me. Since when did coffee have to be made by baristas?

I also have to laugh at the "foodies" and "yelpers" in NYC, LA, San Francisco, Seattle, Miami, etc who can only parrot what they hear on Top Chef - "My deconstructed bouillabaisse suffered from a lack of acidity."

Communal tables the latest trend? No thanks. I do not want to sit elbow to elbow with people I do not know. I might be a pig but I'm a pig with decorum. It is not proper for me to ask the person I am dining with at a communal table if the cum has started to leak from his hole.

When I was living in Providence, the 80's, there was a restaurant near the Brown campus, Angelo's, that had family style seating. You sat down at a table for 8, waited it for it to fill, (about 5 minutes per table) and they served a family style Italian American dinner. You could order something else but most people just ate what was passed around the table. It was fun and inexpensive and a great way to interact with people you would not otherwise know.

For someone who was new to town, such as myself, it sure beat eating alone, whether that was at home or out.

Archived