What is the least butch thing you've done in a leather bar?

rvwnsd
This topic is 3032 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tyler and Ace asked...

For me, it was discussing the seasonings my favorite aunt used in her hamburgers, while eating a burger at a leather bar barbeque. The guy I was talking to was a huge, muscular leather bear who put his plate down to write the ingredients down on a napkin.

The runner-up was stopping for a drink at the Chicago Eagle carrying a small shopping bag. A very butch muscle bear asked what was in the bag and the next thing I knew the necktie I bought at Marshall Fields was being passed around. Of course, not a drop was spilled on the tie.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine (Ace) is food related, too. My very first bar experience after coming out officially (and surviving that drama) was a trip with friends to P'town. I bought a bunch of new gear and was so excited to be visiting my first leather bar and being around a bunch masculine, butch, older guys finally in my element. Being from an area without the possibility of this experience made the thought of my cherry popping really exciting. So I get there, and the place is full. I'm even feeling a little bit ok about myself as I think some guys may be checking me out. I make a couple of friends and they introduce me to theirs. After a few minutes we have a little chat group going. I'm getting turned on a little now because we are surely going to get around to the topic in which I was the most interested. However, it quickly turned to a meal somebody had at a local restaurant and before you know it we are swapping recipes. I end up reciting my grandmother's sweet potato casserole and making notes for Thanksgiving. It was surreal, funny, and oddly sexy all at the same time.

Gee, I can't think of anything off hand. However, I know for a fact that I never thought of swapping any recipes. I also knew that I should not order a "pink lady" at the bar. Though perhaps I should have. I might have been surprised when the bartender asked me what type of gin I would prefer!

Gee, I can't think of anything off hand. However, I know for a fact that I never thought of swapping any recipes. I also knew that I should not order a "pink lady" at the bar. Though perhaps I should have. I might have been surprised when the bartender asked me what type of gin I would prefer!

I walked into a leather bar once in FTL just to use the bathroom. Me in a dress shirt, slacks and loafers, no socks. Standing at the urinal, a big bear came up and looked over and said in a deep voice, "So how you doin tonight"...I felt out of place and awkward, so I went into full on panic mode and began to choke on my words, and all I could muster was, "nothin, I just came in to use the bathroom" and then I said I was sorry...WTF....lol... Why did I say that? Totally embarrassed I walked out. :eek:

I walked into a leather bar once in FTL just to use the bathroom. Me in a dress shirt, slacks and loafers, no socks. Standing at the urinal, a big bear came up and looked over and said in a deep voice, "So how you doin tonight"...I felt out of place and awkward, so I went into full on panic mode and began to choke on my words, and all I could muster was, "nothin, I just came in to use the bathroom" and then I said I was sorry...WTF....lol... Why did I say that? Totally embarrassed I walked out. :eek:

Gotta love ya BVB... and to think that when I plan to visit FTL I was hoping that you were going to show me how things are done at the Ramrod!!! I guess if and when it happens we'll just have to visit LeatherWerks first to pick out your outfit! And no! You won't be wearing a dress shirt, slacks, or even loafers! :eek: However, the no socks part might work! :)

Ordering a beer at the Mine Shaft wearing a lemon yellow zoot suit and two tone patent leather shoes.

I'm surprised they let you in to the Mine Shaft, which had a strict dress code. One time they insisted I had to take off my t-shirt because they said the neck was too high and looked like a turtleneck, which was not allowed. But the MS was more of a sex club than a leather bar anyway.

I'm surprised they let you in to the Mine Shaft, which had a strict dress code. One time they insisted I had to take off my t-shirt because they said the neck was too high and looked like a turtleneck, which was not allowed. But the MS was more of a sex club than a leather bar anyway.

I have no idea what my friends said or did to get us in there. I was too far gone to pay attention. We did get thrown out eventually. I'd have posted that but it seems to me that that would fall under the category of "most butch" thing done in a leather bar.

Since a number of guys seem to want to try the leather Scene even if they don't have any recipes to share, I figured that it would be informative to post some thoughts regarding the look one must project when entering a leather bar and especially if one is not wearing any leather.

Obviously when one walks into a leather bar one needs to exude a certain aura. It's like when you walk into Home Depot and you try to look as tough and macho as possible. Yeah, you are Mr. Big Shot contractor and are there to get that specific gauge of PVC pipe and you don't need any help finding it either. Of course you are there because you want just a very short length for the handle of a flogger that you are constructing. However, they don't need to know that. So pump your chest out and go for it.

It's the same look that you project when you walk into JoAnne Fabrics. You know that you are there only to purchase that piece of black leather to cover the handle on that homemade flogger. That's right! There is no way in hell that you belong there. Of course after making your selection you then have to suffer the humiliation of going to the cutting board. Consequently you really need to turn on the "aura of macho" and big time! You need to look not only as though you have been around the block at Home Depot, but that you actually built the block! I think you guys get the idea! So go for broke as that's what you need to project at a leather bar!

Now to finish the saga! You're next in line at the cutting board in JoAnn Fabrics with chest out, biceps pumped, and talking tough. That's when the store manager approaches, places his hand on your butt, and offers you his personal assistance...

True story!?!?

How come a lot of the stories in this thread involve bears? Not all bears are leather bears! Not all bears hangout in leather bars. Stereotype much?!?! :mad:

Some of us are just furry cuddly misunderstood creatures. ;)

A bear walks into a bar and says to the bartender, "I'll have a pint of beer and a.......... packet of peanuts."

The bartender asks, "Why the big pause?" :p

A bear walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a beer. The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't give beer to bears in bars."

The bear replies, "If you don't give me a beer, I'll eat that lady over there."

The bartender says, "Go ahead."

So the bear eats the lady and asks for a beer. The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't give beer to bears on drugs."

"What do mean," asks the bear. "I'm not on drugs."

"Yes, you are, that was the bar bitch you ate."

Since a number of guys seem to want to try the leather Scene even if they don't have any recipes to share, I figured that it would be informative to post some thoughts regarding the look one must project when entering a leather bar and especially if one is not wearing any leather.

Obviously when one walks into a leather bar one needs to exude a certain aura. It's like when you walk into Home Depot and you try to look as tough and macho as possible. Yeah, you are Mr. Big Shot contractor and are there to get that specific gauge of PVC pipe and you don't need any help finding it either. Of course you are there because you want just a very short length for the handle of a flogger that you are constructing. However, they don't need to know that. So pump your chest out and go for it.

It's the same look that you project when you walk into JoAnne Fabrics. You know that you are there only to purchase that piece of black leather to cover the handle on that homemade flogger. That's right! There is no way in hell that you belong there. Of course after making your selection you then have to suffer the humiliation of going to the cutting board. Consequently you really need to turn on the "aura of macho" and big time! You need to look not only as though you have been around the block at Home Depot, but that you actually built the block! I think you guys get the idea! So go for broke as that's what you need to project at a leather bar!

Now to finish the saga! You're next in line at the cutting board in JoAnn Fabrics with chest out, biceps pumped, and talking tough. That's when the store manager approaches, places his hand on your butt, and offers you his personal assistance...

True story!?!?

So, if I go to a leather bar, I need to wear some PVC pipe and small piece of black leather? Got it.

True story!?!?

I just spit my pint of beer out I laughed so hard.

Gotta love ya BVB... and to think that when I plan to visit FTL I was hoping that you were going to show me how things are done at the Ramrod!!! I guess if and when it happens we'll just have to visit LeatherWerks first to pick out your outfit! And no! You won't be wearing a dress shirt, slacks, or even loafers! :eek: However, the no socks part might work! :)

lol...as you well know, the plan last year was to buy some leather and start this whole leather romp at the local Ramrod. It sounded good on paper, until I actually went to buy the leather...to make a long story short, that shit is expensive! :eek:

Of course if I knew how to sew....;)

I'll stick with the loafers, I can rock those at the BW, and still fit right in. ;)

Umm I've never been to one :oops:

But a client I saw a few days ago wants to take me to one so he can watch all the daddies devour me in a dark corner or whatever that means :eek:

I've never been to one either. But, um, you could sell tickets. ;)

lol...as you well know, the plan last year was to buy some leather and start this whole leather romp at the local Ramrod. It sounded good on paper, that is until I actually went to buy the leather...to make a long story short, that shit is expensive! :eek:

Of course if I knew how to sew....;)

I'll stick with the loafers, I can rock those at the BW, and still fit right in. ;)

Okay you can keep the loafers as long as they are genuine leather.

Actually, all you need is a pair of leather armbands. You can get away with some black cargo shorts. Black leather sneakers or a dark pair of sneakers will work. Just don't wear knee socks as that would spoil the look. I suggest buying at least two arm bands as I think that wearing two looks hot. Possibly a pair of wrist bands could complete the picture. That won't break the bank. Plus you probably already have the shorts and sneakers. Add a black wife beater and your good to go if you don't want to go shirtless. So the harness etc. can be optional!

You can get away with only one arm band. HOWEVER, you need to wear it on the correct side. If worn on the sub side you run the risk of sending the wrong signal. At least there have been rumors of subs being banged in the bathrooms of the Eagle in NYC. Actually the first time I was at the Eagle a friend told me that the only safe rest room was the one on the first floor near the entrance. Bottom line: if you wear the armband on the right arm you are a sub/bottom. That's why I used the word "correct" above! Left means top/dom. Two armbands can signify switch or that it simply looks hot!

True story: A friend complained that he was not being hit on by hot tops. Of course he was wearing his arm band on the left side. While the hanky code might be a thing of the past, at least in some circles the armband code still means something. At any rate, my friend decided to get a second matching armband and wear two. That way you can't make a mistake, it does not send a definite signal, and It indeed looks hot!

If you wear all black or black and jeans you will fit in even sans leather!

Archived