What is the least butch thing you've done in a leather bar?

rvwnsd
This topic is 3028 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A bear walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a beer. The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't give beer to bears in bars."

The bear replies, "If you don't give me a beer, I'll eat that lady over there."

The bartender says, "Go ahead."

So the bear eats the lady and asks for a beer. The bartender says, "Sorry, we don't give beer to bears on drugs."

"What do mean," asks the bear. "I'm not on drugs."

"Yes, you are, that was the bar bitch you ate."

A man and a bear walk into a bar. After a few drinks the bear slips of the stool and falls asleep on the floor. The man pays his tab and starts for the door. The bartender calls to him " Hey buddy, what about your bear?". The man says "Leave him where he's a-lyin'." Groans of horror are totally expected. ;)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the least butch thing you could wear and still be welcomed in?

This is neither butch or not, but I was always welcomed at the Chicago Eagle regardless what I was wearing. Mind you, I never wore my blue taffeta dress.

The one time I had the nerve to venture into one was NYC's The Eagle. A friend of mine went there on a Saturday night. I don't remember if we arrived too early, or if it was a holiday weekend, but there was nobody there but the two of us. We had a good laugh as we were really nervous prior to entering (especially me, as I'm so not the leather type in appearance then).

The one time I had the nerve to venture into one was NYC's The Eagle. A friend of mine went there on a Saturday night. I don't remember if we arrived too early, or if it was a holiday weekend, but there was nobody there but the two of us. We had a good laugh as we were really nervous prior to entering (especially me, as I'm so not the leather type in appearance then).

The first time I went there by myself it was during the week and having been there before I knew where it was located. When I got there it was literally no where to be seen. Of course it was prior to 10 PM and and the place was totally boarded up. I waited until they opened and was there for over an hour and was virtually the only person in the place. Finally guys started coming in after 11 PM and there was probably a half dozen guys in the place. By that time I was tired of hanging around and left. When I told a friend who used to go quite often his response was, "You went too early! Way too early! Never before midnight during the week!" I explained that I turn into a pumpkin at midnight!

I'm surprised they let you in to the Mine Shaft, which had a strict dress code. One time they insisted I had to take off my t-shirt because they said the neck was too high and looked like a turtleneck, which was not allowed. But the MS was more of a sex club than a leather bar anyway.

I remember an article in one of the gay magazines a few years back. As part of their dress code / rules for entry, one of the leather bars posted a sign outlawing conspicuous fabric softener scents.

I remember an article in one of the gay magazines a few years back. As part of their dress code / rules for entry, one of the leather bars posted a sign outlawing conspicuous fabric softener scents.

I have a mental image of the bouncer sniffing each patron as they walk in to make sure they smell appropriately....

I was with a friend in DC. He decided we should go to the Eagle. We hailed a cab ...

"Can you take us to the Eagle bar?"

"Eagle ... I don't know that bar ..."

"It's the one with the motorcycles ... guys in leather ..."

"Oh, yeah! I know that place!"

I was in a Pendleton plaid jacket. Preppy, as usual (It's my modus operandi).

At about 1 AM, I needed to leave. Now, the Eagle (or whatever it was ... I'll have to ask) was at ? Eighth and H, as I recall. We were staying at the Hyatt Capitol hill.

So I walked back, through some questionable neighborhoods.

Apparently, either [or both] God smiles on we Fools, or the Locals thought that ANY white dude stupid enough to be dressed preppy AND walk through their hood was obviously batshit crazy, and not to be dealt with.

I got home without incident.

As an aside: My friend [and mentor] is now a Monk, and Abbot of his Chapter. One meets all kinds.

I heard about a bar where the bouncer would say "nice cologne - what's the name of it?" Patron would give the name (assuming he was wearing some). Bouncer would say "thanks but we don't allow guys with cologne in the bar".

Archived