Your fly is down.

jackjackjack
This topic is 3078 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Silly question but if you notice that a guy's fly is down, do you tell him ? I'm talking about a perfect stranger....probably someone who's straight. You might see him on the street or a market......walking around with an open fly. OR are you afraid to say something, thinking that he would know that you're checking out his crotch?

As you can see, I'm trying to keep the topics here on an intellectual level. ;)

I rarely say anything. I don't want him thinking I'm crotch watching. There's one customer who comes into one of my day job and sometimes he's wearing his jeans with a hole in the crotch. I swooon hard core cause he's a hot thick daddy with an accent. Makes my undies wet every time he wears those jeans.

Hugs,

Greg

I've been told that once or twice in all my years by total strangers, who kept walking by as they said it, and I never looked back at them, either to acknowledge what they said (I might have said "thanks," but was probably too startled to blurt that out in time for them to hear it), or to see if they were looking to see if I'd stop and look them over. I was just embarrassed, and thankful that I was told before I reached my destination!

I say: "If I say: XYZ would you understand?" "No?" Whisper: "eXamine Your Zipper"

Silly question but if you notice that a guy's fly is down, do you tell him ? I'm talking about a perfect stranger....probably someone who's straight. You might see him on the street or a market......walking around with an open fly. OR are you afraid to say something, thinking that he would know that you're checking out his crotch?

As you can see, I'm trying to keep the topics here on an intellectual level. ;)

bought a new pair of Levi's recently and the zipper is always slipping open.....I've never had that before with jeans.....sorta angry because I wonder if Levi's quality is slipping and I spent a bit on them and I'm not one to spend a lot of money on clothes.....

does anybody have a fix-it for zippers that always fall open??....sorta too late to return them....

bought a new pair of Levi's recently and the zipper is always slipping open.....I've never had that before with jeans.....sorta angry because I wonder if Levi's quality is slipping and I spent a bit on them and I'm not one to spend a lot of money on clothes.....

does anybody have a fix-it for zippers that always fall open??....sorta too late to return them....

Just googling it....one suggestion was take a pair of plyers. .. . pointed tip and squeeze the slider. Maybe it just needs tightened a bit.

Have a tailor replace the zipper. Shouldn't be expensive. Or return the Levi's to the store and tell them they're defective. If the store refuses and you have the time write Levi's. I bet they'll replace them for you. They're all about quality and reputation.

I've been told that once or twice in all my years by total strangers, who kept walking by as they said it, and I never looked back at them, either to acknowledge what they said (I might have said "thanks," but was probably too startled to blurt that out in time for them to hear it), or to see if they were looking to see if I'd stop and look them over. I was just embarrassed, and thankful that I was told before I reached my destination!

That's another of the advantages of being an old guy - realizing that there are a lot worse things that could happen than forgetting to zip up your fly, zipping it up and forgetting about it.

Have a tailor replace the zipper. Shouldn't be expensive. Or return the Levi's to the store and tell them they're defective. If the store refuses and you have the time write Levi's. I bet they'll replace them for you. They're all about quality and reputation.

I'm betting it will cost more than replacing the jeans.

" I'm 5'6 ..I figured I was put on this earth to make this my life mission: crotch inspection.

My partner and I just finished binge-watching "Mozart in the Jungle." Gael Garcia Bernal is such a sexy little package that I started wondering about how tall he is - 5' 6".

I typically do alert guys (and gals) whose fly is open. I usually say "Uhmmm , you may want to check the front of your pants/jeans/slacks." I'm 5'6 ..I figured I was put on this earth to make this my life mission: crotch inspection.

I don't think I've ever told a gal her fly was open. I just never, ever look down there......Can't think of a reason why I would ... haha

I don't think I've ever told a gal her fly was open. I just never, ever look down there......Can't think of a reason why I would ... haha

Lol! Sometimes you have no choice, J3. Quite a few years ago while I was doing biz in Colombia, I had a particularly difficult situation where a female colleague came into my office and stretched across my desk to reach for a pen. As she did this acrobatic maneuver, the buttons on her blouse popped "casually" revealing her unnaturally voluptuous assets - they were adorned and graciously supported by a lacey yet very revealing number. As she sat down, her glorious gifts seemed to just stare directly at my grief-stricken face. She asked me why I was fidgeting. Only thing I could utter was "the girls are out!" She rolled her eyes, buttoned up and darted back: "damn it! those Americans have corrupted you! What a waste!" :eek:

For all you Good Samaritans warning others about their unzipped pants, a question:

Do you ever worry about being an Accessory to Injury? Because ...

17,616 Men Went to the ER for Zipper-Related Penis Injuries Between 2002 and 2010

This according to The Atlantic, in a report from March 2013. More from the article...

Zippers were not even in common usage until the 1920s, we find in Robert Friedel's study, "Zipper: An Exploration in Novelty." In 1937, a zipper company memo held, "Retailers were made to worry that they could be held legally liable if a man injured himself with the newfangled machine on his trouser fly." Nowadays, button-fly pants abound, selling alongside their more dangerous brethren. Also, velcro exists. We don't need zippers.

Perhaps zippered pants remain in circulation because harm to one's genitals only exists in jokes or urban legend. As University of Utah folklorist Jan Brunvand would have it, "[F]olkloric zipper stories, especially stories involving troublesome zipper flies on men's trousers, became part of the cultural history of the product."

Brunvand continues, "The possibility of a man zipping part of himself into a pants zipper fly must occur to many men." But really, who would believe that this happens?

Not even when one is in a real hurry or the hole formed by the fly is uncomfortably narrow or in a dimly lit bathroom could such a grave mistake ever be made. No one actually gets his penis stuck in the zipper of his pants, right?

Wrong. A new paper in urology journal BJU International puts data to the folklore: "Zip-related genital injury."

Between 2002 and 2010, 17,616 people went to the emergency room with zip-related genital injuries. And as the University of California, San Francisco team put it, "The penis was almost always the only genital organ involved." (Which is good news for testicles everywhere.) Those roughly 2,000 injuries per year represent about one-fifth of annual penile injuries and "amongst adults, zips were the most frequent cause of penile injuries."

I don't know ...

On the one hand, you want to save a guy from embarrassment. But the risk ... the responsibility ...

Miss Manners says that we should mention something like this to people, but ONLY if they can do something about it right away. This qualifies.

If we're tempted to tell someone: "Your nose needs to be fixed," that does NOT qualify.

It would be a hoot to write to her and see if she would print & answer "How do you tell someone their fly is open and their schlong is hanging out?"

http://www.operanews.com/uploadedImages/Opera_News_Magazine/2014/9/Departments/CodaMartinlg914.jpg

Archived