cigars or cigarette

craigville beach
This topic is 3049 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am willing to overlook when a really hot guy has a cigar, but I'm not with a guy having a cigarette. My experience with guys who smoke cigarettes is that the taste of their: skin, cock and cum is effected by the smoking. Not the same experience with someone who only smokes an occasional cigar.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I grew up in a household that was cigarette and smoke free, but cigarette and cigar smoke doesn't bother me, never has, either in a social or intimate setting. I am however, sympathetic to those that it bothers. I have friends who just can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke, whether it is in the air, on someones breath, or on the their skin or cloths...me, not so much.

I quit smoking nearly 30 years ago. I don't want it anywhere around me. I don't even like being around smokers even when they are not smoking because they still smell like cigarette smoke. Nonetheless, if good manners require it, I can be around smokers. My favorite client is a heavy cigarette smoker. I don't permit her to smoke in my office, but if I go to her office, I put up with it when she smokes. I would never permit someone to smoke in my house, my car, my hotel room, etc.

I don't know what I would do about a man with a cigar. The image of a hot studly guy with a cigar in his mouth is very sexy. I haven't encountered one yet, and certainly wouldn't go looking for one. But I know I wouldn't like smelling like cigar smoke.

The image of a hot studly guy with a cigar in his mouth is very sexy.

I agree. I wonder if it's one of those image vs. reality things.

He looks hot, studly, sexy across the room, but when he comes over to kiss you, will you wish there'd never been a cigar? Pretty sure that's how I'd feel.

I agree. I wonder if it's one of those image vs. reality things.

He looks hot, studly, sexy across the room, but when he comes over to kiss you, will you wish there'd never been a cigar? Pretty sure that's how I'd feel.

There's the image of course. But the reality is that cigars and cigarettes are another BDSM practice - they call it being into "smoke." The top blows smoke in the bottom's face, flicks ashes on him, etc. If the two partners are suitably hard-core, I suppose it could go as far as giving the bottom cigar/cigarette burns.

I quit smoking nearly 30 years ago. I don't want it anywhere around me. I don't even like being around smokers even when they are not smoking because they still smell like cigarette smoke. Nonetheless, if good manners require it, I can be around smokers. My favorite client is a heavy cigarette smoker. I don't permit her to smoke in my office, but if I go to her office, I put up with it when she smokes. I would never permit someone to smoke in my house, my car, my hotel room, etc.

I don't know what I would do about a man with a cigar. The image of a hot studly guy with a cigar in his mouth is very sexy. I haven't encountered one yet, and certainly wouldn't go looking for one. But I know I wouldn't like smelling like cigar smoke.

Perfectly stated. I agree 100℅ as a fellow former smoker. Fortunately, I have very few smokers in my life these days.

Perfectly stated. I agree 100℅ as a fellow former smoker. Fortunately, I have very few smokers in my life these days.

There just aren't that many smokers. That was one of my big motivations for quitting. Sometime in the mid-80s, I woke up and realized that smokers were becoming rarer and rarer, and, in the meantime, my smoking had peaked at a pack-and-a-half/day. I gradually cut back to about half-a-pack and then quit cold turkey. It wasn't really that hard. I had quit once before in the mid-seventies and then started again after not smoking for three years or so.

There just aren't that many smokers. That was one of my big motivations for quitting. Sometime in the mid-80s, I woke up and realized that smokers were becoming rarer and rarer, and, in the meantime, my smoking had peaked at a pack-and-a-half/day. I gradually cut back to about half-a-pack and then quit cold turkey. It wasn't really that hard. I had quit once before in the mid-seventies and then started again after not smoking for three years or so.

My experience was similar. The financial cost was getting too high, not to mention the health cost (all that gagging and spitting every morning). The clincher was the birth of my son in 1982. I was already 39 and wanted to stick around as long as possible to be his dad. I quit that day.

I quit smoking cold turkey on Dec. 18, 1976. While I hate being around smokers and am not tempted to start again, occasionally I enjoy remembering when someone lights up near me and I get a brief smell of the smoke.

To reenforce, My favorite uncle was a heavy smoker and died of lung cancer in 1982. That alone has helped my vow to never smoke again. He died too young.

I love a good, aged tobacco, maduro-wrapper, Churchill or Double Corona cigar. I cannot stand the smell of cigarettes, cigarette smoke, or the lingering effect of the smoke in the air, in the man's clothes, on the man's body or his breath.

Cigarettes are the antithesis of good tobacco. Cigarette tobacco is picked, artificially dried, chopped up into small flecks, chemically aged, washed with a nicotine removing solvent then re-charged with nicotine so that there is an equal intense hit of nicotine in every draw. The whole process is designed to maximize the addiction and achieve more sales of cigarettes.

Good Cigars are made from tobacco that is picked and hung in drying warehouses for years. The tobacco leaves are allowed to dry and age so that they produce a very desirable aroma, smoke and flavor. Fine cigars are made from whole leaves of filler tobacco that is rolled into a specialized leaf tobacco grown specifically as wrapper tobacco. These tobaccos are combined to make an outstanding experience for this cigar smoker.

Cigars should be enjoyed as an adventure into savory, aromatic, stress-lowering experience. Frequently, my 6-7 inch long, 50/64" diameter cigars last longer than an hour of relaxation. The correct way to smoke is a cigar is 'cool' so that you don't get hot, harsh draws. Cigars go well with fine wines, whiskies - bourbon, scotch and rye, cordials and liquors. And yes, there are certain cigars that match up to certain types of fermented and distilled spirits.

I always smoke outdoors, never inside unless I'm in a cigar lounge. I almost always have a glass of wine or a glass of bourbon. Recently, I've discovered a medium-bodied, custom made cigar from Ybor City FL that I find doesn't even linger into the next morning. A quick pre-bedtime brushing and mouthwash and I don't notice any lingering taste the next morning.

I find the entire hour enjoyable.

I love a good, aged tobacco, maduro-wrapper, Churchill or Double Corona cigar. I cannot stand the smell of cigarettes, cigarette smoke, or the lingering effect of the smoke in the air, in the man's clothes, on the man's body or his breath.

Cigarettes are the antithesis of good tobacco. Cigarette tobacco is picked, artificially dried, chocked up into small flecks, chemically aged, washed with a nicotine removing solvent then re-charged with nicotine so that there is an equal intense hit of nicotine in every draw. The whole process is designed to maximize the addiction and achieve more sales of cigarettes.

Good Cigars are made from tobacco that is picked and hung in drying warehouses for years. The tobacco leaves are allowed to dry and age so that they produce a very desirable aroma, smoke and flavor. Fine cigars are made from whole leaves of filler tobacco that is rolled into a specialized leaf tobacco grown specifically as wrapper tobacco. These tobaccos are combined to make an outstanding experience for this cigar smoker.

Cigars should be enjoyed as an adventure into savory, aromatic, stress-lowering experience. Frequently, my 6-7 inch long, 50/64" diameter cigars last longer than an hour of relaxation. The correct way to smoke is a cigar is 'cool' so that you don't get hot, harsh draws. Cigars go well with fine wines, whiskies - bourbon, scotch and rye, cordials and liquors. And yes, there are certain cigars that match up to a certain types of fermented and distilled spirits.

I always smoke outdoors, never inside unless I'm in a cigar lounge. I almost always have a glass of wine or a glass of bourbon. Recently, I've discovered a medium-bodied, custom made cigar from Ybor City FL that I find doesn't even linger into the next morning. A quick pre-bedtime brushing and mouthwash and I don't notice any lingering taste the next morning.

I find the entire hour enjoyable.

I'm not sure where you are located but I think I would enjoy and evening with you of good bourbon and a nice cigar. (i still have my bottle of Papi Van Winkle that I won before Christmas, only had 2 shots from it)

I hate smoke period and especially cigarette smoke. Once I put my face in a well reviewed guys undies and I almost barfed on the stench of cigarette smoke. I ripped them off as quickly as possible and tossed them across the room and as far away as possible. Fortunately the rest of him and especially his breath were not affected by the putrid odor. The ultimate turn off is getting a mouthful of smokey breath when kissing.

However, there is an exception to every rule!

The only scenario where I tolerate smoke is when a guy lits up a fine cigar and starts flinging the ash on my chest and especially my nips. He can even blow the smoke into my face. Now normally that would be a turn off. However, not only would it not bother me, but would actually put a smile on my face. When hooking up in certain venues such as a hotel room smoking is verboten so it has been a while... Quite a while! Plus, many working guys don't usually smoke cigars. Hot wax gives a similar sensation albeit with a minimal amount of smoke. However, that can be quite messy and can ruin all sorts of fabrics etc. plus there's the risk of fire I guess.

As I said it has been a while since the cigar trick, but I would gladly risk getting black lung to experience the pleasure of it all just one more time.

I probably have a couple of dozen old photographs of my parents in one nightclub or another, heads together, smiling for the camera, each of them with a cigarette and a cocktail in hand. Those pictures look like a bunch of still shots from films of the period, when nightclubs and cocktails and cigarettes suggested glamour and sophisticated fun.

The old movies still suggest that--or, at least, I know what I'm supposed to perceive, and I do--despite the warnings of the Surgeon General, and the latter day health issues of both my parents.

Not that I want to take up cigarette smoking, or even be around it, but sometimes I wouldn't mind being transported into an old movie ... and if Cary Grant wanted to kiss me, well, hell, I guess I'd do the gracious thing and let him ...

8282166997_dd8e7f60e6_b.jpg

Curious - do you find all cigarette smoke smells the same? As an on-and-off smoker, certain cigarettes I find give off a nasty scent while others, I barely notice. Same with the cigars, but in my experience this has more to do with the quality of the cigar. As was stated upthread, some clients decline gents who smoke - I wonder if the opposite is true -- do some gents decline clients because they smoke?

@Moondance - great picture of Cary Grant! I have many similar pics as you describe of parents, aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. - all decked to the nines, smoking and having cocktails - looking like they're in a nightclub or something, when in reality it is in someone's house for a holiday or a party. Yes, we were that type of family - all dressed up for every holiday, occasion, etc.. I'm loving Cary's cigarette holder - my grandmother had multiple one's she used to use depending on the time of day and the occasion and I have one from a great uncle in amber. Tried it once years ago, it seemed you get a much stronger pull or maybe that was just me.

I can smell cigarette smoke from yards away. It makes no difference what brand it is. The smoke bothers my entire respiratory system and if I'm around it in an enclosed space long enough, I get a sinus infection. This is true even though both my parents smoked from my birth until my father quit shortly after the Surgeon General's report came out. My mother quit by dying of a heart attack at age 48. (Genetic factors were at play as well.)

I haven't been around someone smoking a good cigar (or any cigar) recently enough to tell how I'd react to that. All I know is that the last time I had any basis for comparison, weed was far less noxious than (cigarette) tobacco.

Archived