I'm Paying The Price-Only Fools And Horses

Gar1eth
This topic is 3069 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aside from the involvement of a pot, albeit a different kind of pot, the other one doesn't even compare to this one.

BTW: QTR mentioned the various and sundry diaper rash creams. I find the ones that have a higher percentage of zinc oxide are more effective at stopping the burn.

I would've preferred something with a topical anesthetic. But all I had was plain Prep H.

I'm feeling a bit better today though.

Gman

It's reflective of my GI tract, Tru!!!:p

Gman

LOL! That makes me think of that "singing asshole" in one of those movies like Kentucky Fried Movie, Gman!!!:D:D:D

TruHart1 :cool:

Perhaps you mean Pink Flamongos--it's got a rather famous "singing asshole" scene.

Ah yes, Mr. Clarke, Pink Flamingos, NOT Kentucky Fried Movie!!! Thanks for the correction! o_O

TruHart1 :cool:

Given the sh*t gman has gotten over this (figuratively and literally) I wanted to share that I am going through the same thing. However, mine occurred after eating vegan snacks at a party and then having breakfast at a high-end farm-to-table all of the products volunteered to die for our meal restaurant. It isn't just a function of 7-11.

The guy in the wheelchair was amazing...kudos to him and to you for the post.

My reaction was "what guy in a wheelchair?", so I had to go back and watch it again. As someone who watched Glee for one episode the first season and quit, I have to give G-man props for getting me to watch the video twice. I don't make it through most videos once. Sorry. Loved the song and the performance.

Given the sh*t gman has gotten over this (figuratively and literally) I wanted to share that I am going through the same thing. However, mine occurred after eating vegan snacks at a party and then having breakfast at a high-end farm-to-table all of the products volunteered to die for our meal restaurant. It isn't just a function of 7-11.

Good, high-fiber food can have the same effect as greasy or less-than-perfectly kept food. Ditto coffee and dairy, especially for this of us who are lactose-intolerant.

I am a good sources for all things John Waters and Pink Flamingos in particular. I once wrote out the entire script by hand.

By hand?? Are you crazy, man? o_O:p

Really? Then what am I missing?

It was a scene from Glee-1st season. One of my favorites. It was boys against girls. The winning team got to pick what songs they were going to perform at the next concert. Each team didn't know it either about themselves or the other team, but they were all hopped up on pseudoephedrine. The incompetent school nurse (who actually didn't have a nursing degree) gave it to the students for a pick-me up. She told the students they were vitamins.

So that's the joke. The audience knows the students are on a mild form of speed when the characters don't.

So re-look at the scenes with the knowledge the actors are playing it as if they are all hyped up.

It was quite funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it3SjVvbDLI

Gman

It was a scene from Glee-1st season. One of my favorites. It was boys against girls. The winning team got to pick what songs they were going to perform at the next concert. Each team didn't know it either about themselves or the other team, but they were all hopped up on pseudoephedrine. The incompetent school nurse (who actually didn't have a nursing degree) gave it to the students for a pick-me up. She told the students they were vitamins.

So that's the joke. The audience knows the students are on a mild form of speed when the characters don't.

So re-look at the scenes with the knowledge the actors are playing it as if they are all hyped up.

It was quite funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it3SjVvbDLI

Gman

Ah ha...thanks. I never watched Glee, so that explains my confusions.

...Good, high-fiber food can have the same effect as greasy or less-than-perfectly kept food. Ditto coffee and dairy, especially for this of us who are lactose-intolerant....

Believe you me, I know that. However, given the many comments in the past about all-organic, farm-to-table I thought I would remind folks that even so-called "real" foods can cause issues for some people. Being a lactard, I know all too well the effects lactose can have on one's system, even when taking lactase enzyme tablets.

Archived