I'm a mama!

seaboy4hire
This topic is 3145 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well today I made my 3rd visit to the kitty shelter. There were 2 that I wanted and came home with 1. The 1 that didn't come home tonight needs some medicle work done so I'll snag him after it's been done. The lucky guy who got his furever home tonight is named The Spanish Gentleman. He's a few yrs old, a black kitty, fiv positive and loves his head scratched. The vet told us that when he'd be brought down for a visit with them they would sing La isla bonita to him and his ears would start twitching. Which I found totally funny being that I am a big Madonna fan. Right now he's hiding under the bed adjusting. I can't wait for him to come out so I can kiss his lil black nose! My apartment is starting to feel less empty. I can't wait to bring home the lil kitten Dumpling in a week or two.

Hugs,

Greg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just posted a few pics on my twitter page. The link for my page should be in my sig down below.

Hugs,

Greg

Cute cat. I am a dog guy as I am allergic to cats, but he seems like a real beauty. While I was on your page, I clicked on the 10 second Madonna interview where she says that she was willing to trade all her success and fame for one thing. Caught me off guard and actually made me like Madonna for a second. Just to be clear, I like most of her music but her persona usually turns me off.

Cute cat. I am a dog guy as I am allergic to cats, but he seems like a real beauty. While I was on your page, I clicked on the 10 second Madonna interview where she says that she was willing to trade all her success and fame for one thing. Caught me off guard and actually made me like Madonna for a second. Just to be clear, I like most of her music but her persona usually turns me off.

I brought him up on the bed and he started making bisquits on the blankie and purred. He's a happy kitty. As for Madonna I think that loosing her mom at such a young age really influenced her persona and I believe she would give up her fame and fortune to have her mom back in a heart beat.

Hugs,

Greg

Your kitty has markings like my kitty! Congrats on your new companion. What steps do you have to take because of his FIV?

All the best with your new fur babies.

Right now there's no medicine to treat fiv unfortunately. I have to take him to the vet twice a year to make sure he's doing OK. The shelter I got him from offers one visit a year for the fiv cats free. We didn't know this when we chose him but the fiv cats are free to adopt, no charge. We of course made a donation for their kindness. The only way fiv can be transmitted is either mom to kitten during pregnancy or a bloody cat battle.

Hugs,

Greg

Well today I made my 3rd visit to the kitty shelter. There were 2 that I wanted and came home with 1. The 1 that didn't come home tonight needs some medicle work done so I'll snag him after it's been done. The lucky guy who got his furever home tonight is named The Spanish Gentleman. He's a few yrs old, a black kitty, fiv positive and loves his head scratched. The vet told us that when he'd be brought down for a visit with them they would sing La isla bonita to him and his ears would start twitching. Which I found totally funny being that I am a big Madonna fan. Right now he's hiding under the bed adjusting. I can't wait for him to come out so I can kiss his lil black nose! My apartment is starting to feel less empty. I can't wait to bring home the lil kitten Dumpling in a week or two.

Hugs,

Greg

Congratulations and I'll add you are a champ for adopting these two cats. I was glad to read you're going back for the second one. People who make the effort to be great pet parents show good character. The cat in the picture you posted has a look like "yup, this human is mine now" :)

I hope you and your two new kids have a long and happy life together. Our house would be somewhat empty without our dog.

Congratulations and I'll add you are a champ for adopting these two cats. I was glad to read you're going back for the second one. People who make the effort to be great pet parents show good character. The cat in the picture you posted has a look like "yup, this human is mine now" :)

I hope you and your two new kids have a long and happy life together. Our house would be somewhat empty without our dog.

I'm totally his. I've been able to drag him out of hiding a few times now. We left for an hour so he hopefully got to explore on his own. He seems comfortable around me. The bf tried giving him treats and Gentleman freaked and bolted for his hiding spot. I think the bf scares him but Gentleman was totally OK with him at the shelter. Cats, wacha gonna do with them? Lol The kitty that I'm planning on going back for had to have some of his intestine removed and has runny poo. Also he has been having trouble walking so the shelters vets want to do xrays to see what is going on and that'll be done towards the end of the week. So for the kitten it'll prob be a couple more weeks before I can bust him lose.

Hugs,

Greg

Congratulations! He's a cutie pie. You won your angel wings today!

Thanks :) I'm a sucker for kitties esp the special needs ones. Those are the ones that are hardest to find a furever home. I might have earned my wings today but I still have my horns holding up my halo lol ;)

Hugs,

Greg

I'm totally his. I've been able to drag him out of hiding a few times now.

In no time at all, your lap will be his whenever he wants it. Or not. His choice.

After 18 years, mine still manages to commandeer my lap, purring loud enough to be heard in the next room (and annoy the dog).

You're hooked, and you'll never regret it.

Archived