Best Playlist During Time Only

Mikegaite
This topic is 2018 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like any music to be playing at all... But I have that too when I'm getting massages. It just distracts me and I have a very specific taste in music anyway. And I don't know, "The Sound of Music"(amongst other things) doesn't seem like a sexy choice to play. :D

Allthough I did once start playing the Sound of Music wedding march for shits and giggles when a mate of mine was busy on his own. It was hilarious. From my point of view, anyway. :) His climax weirdly coincided with the song's climax.

"Cliiiiimb ev'ry mountaaaaaaain"

At this moment...

Lena Horne and Etta James, with a splattering of Billy Holiday and the 'Platters'...

suffering from nostalgia as of late. "Above all will let me, walk in the sun once more"

Dedicated to Ms. "T"...thinking about you today.

Me too, R & B is my favorite sex music. For general background music, I like classical, particularly any of Mozart's piano concertos.

For those who prefer music of some sort whilst spending time, what's on your current playlist?...

There are numerous selections of massage music on iTunes. Search under “Massage Music”, “Healing Massage Music”, “Meditation Music” or “Spa Music”. Some albums have around a 100 tracks (several hours) for $10 or less.

For general background music, I like classical, particularly any of Mozart's piano concertos.

For me , I can't do classical music as background music ... I get too involved following every nuance. If I'm listening to it,

I'm pay full attention, except when driving. My car radio is practically nailed to KDFC, which I'm gessing Rudynate is familiar with.

I'm surprised KDFC hasn't gone the way of KKHI and KQED.

We're getting *WAY* off topic here, and maybe you've never listened to the station, but KDFC *would* have

disappeared if it had continued trying to be a commercial radio station.

The radio frequency was sold to a more commercially viable format entity, and the staff would have been disbanded had it not been for KUSC who stepped in to keep the crew together, and bought the radio station of the local catholic university for *its* frequency. (KUSC is the radio station of the University of Southern California - which is located in los angeles and is a private university not part of the University of California system)

The staff of KUSF was not told anything about it in advance, and was dismissed, including it's Chief Engineer.

KUSC has been skirting what public radio stations were supposed to do. We hear "additional sponsorship provide by X, makers of Y", which is suspiciously close to a commerical advertisment, but apparently far enough away

to keep the legal beagles at bay. You can buy recordings through its web site, and the profits do, in part, support

both KUSC and KDFC.

I usually tune the radio in the hotel room to an alternative or rock station. One night, having done so, or so I thought, we were going at it hot and heavy when I realized I had tuned to a Christian rock station. I don't mind either of us screaming out "Oh God" but we both got a good laugh out of it while pausing as I changed stations.

• 2 years later...
what's on your current playlist?

My car radio is practically nailed to KDFC

At this moment...

Lena Horne and Etta James, with a splattering of Billy Holiday and the 'Platters'...

I typically play iTunes Radio "Chill" station. Songza also has some good background music.

I created a Sade channel on Pandora.

I usually tune the radio in the hotel room to an alternative or rock station.

1633692.gif

• 3 months later...

I hired Vin Marco (https://m4m-forum.org/threads/411-on-v_muscle-currently-east-coast.132338/page-2#post-1600772) last week but prepped a little playlist on Spotify for his visit. It”s a pretty small list right now but features quite a few song from The Crystal Method and Future Funk Squad. FFS’s “Rattlesnake” played at just the right moment. It’s geared more for rougher sex than for making love. Vin seemed to really like it too.

Years ago Lena Horne recorded two superb live albums:

Lena at the Sands, especially.

Lincoln Center in New York honored Lena on her 80 th birthday. She watched from the audience. Lena walked on stage at the end, and sang a relatively unknown song from one of her concert album. Thrilling.

Edited by WilliamM