5 years

DorianSilver
This topic is 3215 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Starbuck
A board suicide. By a novice ... Such a shame.

Ah, well... Maria Von Trapp never made it past her novitiate either and things turned out okay for her.

Climb every mountain, Dorian Silver, Ford every stream ...

[Tossing bouquets of edelweiss along your path.]

P.S. Anybody know if "Dorian Silver" is running away with Rey, because that's a nice review (posted today, 7-28-15)?

oh, the humanity.....another melodramatic "I'm picking up my marbles and going home" grand exit.....my admonitions to not take all this so seriously seem to be occurring more frequently, lately....

The "farewells" are almost as grating as the "I'm a [insert the title here] today!!!" posts.

So a poster on here for 5 years and finally has his first review and now suddenly he believes this site is not reality and he is going to leave the site and what????

Why did you submit a review?

Did you believe what everyone said on here?

Or did you finally realize you needed to find a life and no point in waiting on "popular" posters' "likes?"

You must like to tweet about your life because for the life of me cant figure out why you would announce your departure with "this is not reality."

This sounds like a conclusion to season of Bachelorette, is your name Nick?

Guest Starbuck
Did you finally realize you needed to find a life and no point in waiting on "popular" posters' "likes?"

You mean ... that's not what we're supposed to live for?

Bigvalboy I'm totally off topic with this post but I don't give a damn. I absolutely loved the Evita/Madonna clip you posted. Evita Peron was one of the most interesting and fascinating women of the twentieth century. I majored in Latin American History, as an undergraduate, and actually did my senior paper on her. I have NEVER been a big fan of Madonna’s but I have to give her credit – she absolutely nailed the role of Eva Peron. She portrayed Evita’s gestures perfectly. When she stood in from of Jonathan Pryce, playing Juan Peron, with her hand resting tenderly on his chest looking adoring up at him it was classic Evita Peron. Bravo Madonna Wonderful!!!!!

Bigvalboy I'm totally off topic with this post but I don't give a damn. I absolutely loved the Evita/Madonna clip you posted. Evita Peron was one of the most interesting and fascinating women of the twentieth century. I majored in Latin American History, as an undergraduate, and actually did my senior paper on her. I have NEVER been a big fan of Madonna’s but I have to give her credit – she absolutely nailed the role of Eva Peron. She portrayed Evita’s gestures perfectly. When she stood in from of Jonathan Pryce, playing Juan Peron, with her hand resting tenderly on his chest looking adoring up at him it was classic Evita Peron. Bravo Madonna Wonderful!!!!!

Well I must admit, I got a little knot in my stomach after I posted it. I forgot how powerful and emotional it all was for me. Yes Bravo Madonna. I am envious that you majored in Latin American History. I should have gone that route.

Evita Peron was one of the most interesting and fascinating women of the twentieth century

Wow. I saw the musicial with Patti LuPone. Evita Peron would be far down my list of the most interesting women of the 20th century. My list would start with Eleanore Roosevelt, Golda Meir and Indira Gandhi, Queen Elizabeth ll.

I do completely agree with bigvalboy on taking course on Latin American History. Extremely interesting, especially Argentina. It is my next trip outside the U.S (in early 2016).

OPEN YOUR EYES, this is not reality!

reality

A delusionary mental status caused by a pronounced deficiency of alcohol in the bloodstream

I need a beer because all this reality is too much to handle.

reality

(1)working 50 hours a week until the day you die, in order to maintain a "decent" life,

(2)having no excitement in your life unless you choose to slack off and not work,

(3)leaving this planet the same way you entered, naked and cold.

(4)busting your ass to afford your bills while some cocksucker with rich parents gets everything handed to him for free.

reality is my anti-drug.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=reality

Guest Starbuck
Some Cocksucker With Rich Parents

Hmmm ... Is that available as a job title? Where does one apply? Or is it more of an entrepreneurial thing?

Well, sorry to say, IMHO, that's kind of a wimpy grand exit! :rolleyes: I think Joey Bryant has done it better, and more than once, as I recall! ;)

TruHart1 :cool:

Now Tru, remember to be congenial!!:p;)

I was wondering whether he left because getting his 1st review today was his end-all and be-all. But I found one previous review for DeNeufaille. And in that review, he reported that it was his second review. But the other review didn't come up on my search.

Gman

Archived