You've Got Cosby Allegations, What About Travolta?

rocky
This topic is 3254 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So this might not be a fan of this site but I read about what's going on with the Bill Cosby

allegations and should others come out, etc. But I have to ask; wait, there were legal legitimate

allegations about John Travolta, who still says he's not gay, I'm not wanting to out him but

if we're going to talk about Cosby and his sexual exploits that are terrible, let's look at what

others have come forward with Travolta. Am I the only one confused here??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm only confused by your attempt to compare the allegations against Cosby with those against Travolta. The former involves allegations from multiple women that he used drugs to render them incapable of resisting his sexual advances. The latter involves allegations about the gender of his sex partners. The former, if true, is criminal; the latter is not really anyone's business except those personally involved.

Not to speak for anyone else, but he's prolly talking about the allegations (lawsuits) against John regarding unwanted sexual advances and inappropiate physical behavior etc by str8 men, as opposed to simply his true orientation. It goes back decades also. But I agree, BIG diff between that and rufie-ing and essentially raping someone. What they DO have in common I think is the "free pass" element that big celebs are oft given. A stranger, we say do that again I'll deck you. A star, we tend to be more polite and it can progress to a level it normally wouldn't have. (happened to me as a young cater-waiter in LA with a (drunk) then well known but now Oscar winning older actor. First coupla times I politely shrugged it off, then it progressed to his following me into the partking lot as I carried a box of glasses and I had to knock him down bewteen two parked cars. I didn't hit him just pushed him and he fell) I'm sure there were "hints" of what Cosby wanted that had it been a "nobody" would have sent these women running at the first sign, and it was the fact that he was WHO he was that led to their sticking around.

Not to speak for anyone else, but he's prolly talking about the allegations (lawsuits) against John regarding unwanted sexual advances and inappropiate physical behavior etc by str8 men, as opposed to simply his true orientation. It goes back decades also.

Thank you for pointing this out. Travolta's sexuality is his own business, but aggressively hitting on massage therapists and others and trying to coerce them into sex acts they're not interested in is not cool.

I also wonder if living in whatever kind of closet he's in isn't making all of this worse. If he didn't feel he had to sneak around on the downlow, perhaps he'd be able to approach men who enjoy sex with other men rather than grabbing a masseur's hand and trying to guide it to his dick, as has been alleged.

What a tease! Now we're all going to be wondering who who he was!

LOL it would be NO shock or surprise trust me, since his drinking is well known and thou he's never acknowledged he's gay you'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE in LA or ANYWHERE who doesn't know :-) He never plays romantic leads so coming out wouldn't do damage he'd still work. I'll just say first initial "K", and leave it at that ha. Anyone guesses I won't confirm it I'll remain silent lol.

LOL it would be NO shock or surprise trust me, since his drinking is well known and thou he's never acknowledged he's gay you'd be hard pressed to find ANYONE in LA or ANYWHERE who doesn't know :) He never plays romantic leads so coming out wouldn't do damage he'd still work. I'll just say first initial "K", and leave it at that ha. Anyone guesses I won't confirm it I'll remain silent lol.

I love that you are keeping it QT. It's so LA Confidential, if you know what I mean. :p:D:rolleyes:

Gman

He's already considered an "older actor" though?

I have that same issue, FreshFluff.

Also, is it really true that Kevin Spacey did not play romantic leads when he was young?

Maybe, it just comes down to Tonyko's age, which I do not know?

I have that same issue, FreshFluff.

Also, is it really true that Kevin Spacey did not play romantic leads when he was young?

Maybe, it just comes down to Tonyko's age, which I do not know?

He'll turn 56 later this month and has been in the biz for close to 30 years. YMMV, but in a business obsessed with youth (though admittedly not as much for men as for women), I can easily see the adjective "older" being applied to him.

I checked IMdb, and it's true; he didn't play romantic leads when he was young. He took complex and usually villainous character roles. His Oscar-winning role in the acerbic American Beauty may have been the closest he's come to a romantic lead.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000228/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm (IMdb bio)

But I agree, BIG diff between that and rufie-ing and essentially raping someone. What they DO have in common I think is the "free pass" element that big celebs are oft given. A stranger, we say do that again I'll deck you. A star, we tend to be more polite and it can progress to a level it normally wouldn't have. (happened to me as a young cater-waiter in LA with a (drunk) then well known but now Oscar winning older actor. First coupla times I politely shrugged it off, then it progressed to his following me into the partking lot as I carried a box of glasses and I had to knock him down bewteen two parked cars.

That fits, QTR. Toyko's profile states than he is in his 40s now. So he was about 10 years younger than the man in question. It appears that the question of K is solved!

That fits, QTR. Toyko's profile states than he is in his 40s now. So he was about 10 years younger than the man in question. It appears that the question of K is solved!

(silence :-) And I was 19 at the time. You're an asshole @19, anyone over 30 was "old" lol. Plus (silence) SEEMED older than he prolly was, in fact I was surprised to read his age above I would have thought early 60's. But point taken perhaps using the world "older" was a stretch my bad. (btw this happened TWICE working for that SAME catering Co. lol. Also an actor, not drunk, not SUPER famous but pretty well known since he'd been working forever movies opposite K Hepburn hit TV series etc I just checked he's now EIGHTY-SEVEN, so THAT story I woulda' been justified saying "older" lol. (PPS BTW I was a cute lil guy, blonde blue eyes Northrn Ital, but not HOT by any stretch of the imagination esp compared to the 6ft handsome actor/waiters around me so it wasn't like I was a looker or anything. I think it may have been my really tight pants my roomie at the time worked for the same co and I wore his black pants a lot when mine were dirty and he was even smaller than me, so I prolly looked "easy" :-)

So on to round two... now we're looking for an actor who was born in 1928, still alive, was in a Kate Hepburn movie, and a hit TV series. But not A-list famous.

I thought Adam West at first, but don't think he was ever in a Hepburn movie.

Really, now really, who cares about these actors and their sex life? Especially on this forum. I have 5 children from 25 on up. They are simply sick of hearing about who is gay or not. The outstanding philosophy they have, in part stems the parents. Both my ex and myself believe in our hearts that it is none of our business what people do with their personal lives. As long it does not hurt children or each other beyond their consent. If they are actors, sanitation workers, (which my dad was), doctors, bla, bla, bla, who cares??? We all breath the same concentration of o2! Really, now really. Lets be a group of people that we think we are. Accepting and understanding. WG2

Really, now really, who cares about these actors and their sex life? WG2

Uhh, WE do??? :);):rolleyes:o_O (with all due respect on these boards that's like asking who cares about L GaGa or Streisand or the latest Meryl Streep or Helen Mirren movie :) It ain't HuffPo.

Really, now really. With the recent high court decision? I love all those actors you mentioned. I could care less what they do in their bedroom. I think we all need to get in line with what the new generation is all about. As I said before, I have a beautiful ex with 5 outstanding kid, that could teach many of you what is SIMPLY it is all about. Your comments make me question why I even joined the site. There are many more accepting sites then what you offer.

LOL IDK wtf you're even saying and I even read it twice lol, but I'm just a poster like everyone else. But even as just a poster I can point out that there's everything on this forum from tabloid gossip to the geo-political to the heaviest of discussions. To each his own :-)

Really, now really. With the recent high court decision? I love all those actors you mentioned. I could care less what they do in their bedroom. I think we all need to get in line with what the new generation is all about. As I said before, I have a beautiful ex with 5 outstanding kid, that could teach many of you what is SIMPLY it is all about. Your comments make me question why I even joined the site. There are many more accepting sites then what you offer.

I wish all gossip, not just gay-related gossip could end, but it is probably not going to happen, WG2. In an ideal world, individuals can stop gossiping themselves, and realize they are subject of gossip and not care. As Tonyko writes, there is gossip everywhere on this site (and on every other site on the Internet where people interact in a message forum.

Archived