New look

purplekow
This topic is 3318 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like it a lot. Amazing how quickly Daddy finished the job.

I agree. Kudos to daddy for loading and having it up and running so fast. It looks like the software may not be able to have embedded videos though. Should not be a big deal as a link to a vid can be posted easily!

TruHart1 :cool:

This thread demonstrates how differently IT people think from the users they serve:

Daddy: "The data conversion went well, it isn't blowing up, all the features seem to work."

Users: "Yay! The royal rankings are back!"

:p

I dont like it at all! I can't even see new posts. I used to be able to hit the new posts tab and see all new posts since I last got offline, but now when I click the new one I see posts from weeks ago and some posts from today. They mix it up which is weird!

I dont like it at all! I can't even see new posts. I used to be able to hit the new posts tab and see all new posts since I last got offline, but now when I click the new one I see posts from weeks ago and some posts from today. They mix it up which is weird!

Possibly because those from weeks ago have had new replies? Working fine here...

Kevin Slater

I'm going to guess all posts will be classified as "new" for a short time, given they are new to the new platform.

M

ight be a function of the import. The lifetime of the site might be classified by the new software as 'New Posts' because the software doesn't recognize these as old posts. We're on a shakedown cruise through M-F history.

This thread demonstrates how differently IT people think from the users they serve:

Daddy: "The data conversion went well, it isn't blowing up, all the features seem to work."

Users: "Yay! The royal rankings are back!"

:p

just joking here, but it's funny how the Canadian (a subject of the Queen) is happy the Royal Rankings are back.....I hadn't even noticed them missing....carry on!

Hopefully you mean that you cannot see ONLY new posts.

Mark the forums as read and it'll work exactly as it always has. Since everything is new in these new digs, you have to establish a starting point where everything is considered "read" before "new posts" has any meaning.

Guest Starbuck

Love the clean, sophisticated design ... and I'm wondering if it might encourage more members to post an avatar.

I agree. Kudos to daddy for loading and having it up and running so fast. It looks like the software may not be able to have embedded videos though. Should not be a big deal as a link to a vid can be posted easily!

I'm sure you realize by now, but in case you haven't, you can still embed videos.

Gman

I'm sure you realize by now, but in case you haven't, you can still embed videos.

Gman

Yes, Gman. I noticed your embedded YouTube postings. It was an old post before the new software was upgraded where I noticed the embedded video was no longer there.

Archived