Lawyer found dead at upscale Donovan Hotel

ajirons09
This topic is 3336 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anything's possible...

I've had "Inner Circle" status with Kimpton hotels for four years now and have stayed at the Donovan hotel numerous times during my DC visits. It's a very cool, trendy, and upscale hotel. The rooftop bar is pretty awesome too during the Summer. Hard to imagine a murder went down at the Donovan. And, it's an eerie feeling knowing that I'll be staying there during my up and coming DC visit.

Anything's possible...

I've had "Inner Circle" status with Kimpton hotels for four years now and have stayed at the Donovan hotel numerous times during my DC visits. It's a very cool, trendy, and upscale hotel. The rooftop bar is pretty awesome too during the Summer. Hard to imagine a murder went down at the Donovan. And, it's an eerie feeling knowing that I'll be staying there during my up and coming DC visit.

A sting was recently conducted there.

i stayed at Rouge the last time I was in DC and it was great. Of course the company of the ever sexy Tyger would have made even a hot sheet motel seem like the Plaza. The Madera is also very nice and i do think of both of them as edgy, as far as hotel decor goes.

That hotel used to be a Holiday Inn and has gone through several rebranding efforts by successive owners. The neighborhood has always been sketchy. That part of 14th street is infamous for street prostitution. It was really bad in the 1980s and 1990s. The police have been cleaning up the area for years, to the point of rerouting streets to make it more difficult for the clientele.

When this story first broke, my reaction was pick-up murder and/or a drug deal gone bad. It may have been both. Stories in the press initially said he was interviewing a client in a legal matter. That got shot down by other media reports. As with all such situations, there is much more to the story than publicly reported.

I have to agree with RyanDean above - I looked at that security screen image and it was not clear whether this was male or female or something in-between - and whether it was drug or sex or both-related. I got the sneaky suspicion the individual was "aware" of the security camera and tried to hide as much of the face as possible. Looked very underage to me.

Archived